No announcement yet.

GDT: Flyers vs Canucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with Rev. Are they tuning the coach out, or simply not good/experienced enough to do.what he wants?

Having to play 4.true rookie defense at one time is.rarely a recipe for.sucess.

Comment

This team needs scoring.... period!!! Oh and an identity....Honestly as much as this team has become hard to watch, the modern day GAME OF HOCKEY IS UNWATCHABLE!!! No more even strength hockey cause every thing is a damn penalty... these bozos want scoring up , but the reality is it never will be.... it's not the late 80's or 90's where u had 10 + 50 goal scorers,and 10 + guys w a hundred points... no more battles in front of the net, no more rivalries!!! It's a joke.... we play the rangers 4 x!!! Remember when it was 8?? I do, and it was great cause I really hated them!!!! But now I can't find anyone to hate cause they dont exist .... and now they want to expand to Houston?? Simply there isn't enough talent for it!!!! SAD SAD state of this sport I've been a part of since the age of 3!!!!

Comment

last night's display, especially from the time they went up 4-1 to us getting it to 4-2, was probably some of the most uninspired hockey I've seen from this team in a very long time. Everyone was skating at the very slowest they possibly could; no one was even trying to fight for the puck. The whole mantra just looked like "try a breakout to the center; if it works, slow up as much as possible to wait for everyone to get in the zone". That doesn't work too well when the opp is skating 3-4 times faster than you and can get back faster then you can hold onto the puck. The most infuriating part though is that nothing changed. that time (mid second to mid third) really looked like they completely gave up on the game. I don't know who you blame for it, but when there is absolutely no effort at all despite the score, you've entered a dangerous phase for the team.
        "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

I can't believe people still actually defend Hak. I'm floored that some believe he's a good coach...

This idiot plays Raffl on the 2nd line after the guy hasn't registered A POINT IN 42 GAMES and then has the nerve to say:

"anybody that's watched our team play knows [Raffl] has played EXTREMELY WELL from the start of the year," the head coach said. "He hasn't had very much to show for it offensively, which I'm sure is frustrating for him, but he's played VERY, VERY WELL."

This is the kind of moronic stupid shit that comes out of his mouth regularly. His bullshit stoic tough guy act behind the bench is a joke. The team has no identity, no passion, and no desire to play for this clown.

It's too bad that Hextall is as thick headed as Hak and will hang onto him for 5 years because he won't admit his mistake...

Just to be clear, I'm not putting this all on Hak (there is plenty of blame to go around), but to suggest this guy is a good coach and somehow a bright spot is a joke. He's a first rate amateur...

Comment

No one called Hak a bright spot. However he's the coach with the stones to move Giroux to wing and have at least one dominant line. That's the bright spot.

It can't be the coach..because it's always been the coach and changing them has done ZERO to improve things.

Look at the roster and players he has to work with and tell me what you do better. Again..you can't say "I'd call up" or "I'd trade" those are Hextall decisions.

This team sucks right now because Hextall lacks the balls to play the kids that are ready..

And before we forget..Hextall was part of the LA braintrust that thought trading Simmonds and Schenn for Richards was a good idea.. (Quick making history does not make that a good trade)

At some point it has to go above the coach and to the guy giving the coach the pieces to work with.

Hextall has helped accrue a shit ton of talent...he's been horrible at deploying it..

That's not to excuse Hakstol..but there's no coach that makes this roster, as is, more than a .500 club

This franchise needs a shift in it's priorities

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Last edited by Rev_Bully; 11-22-2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

I hear ya Rev, I'm not putting this all on Hak, there is plenty of blame for Hextall and the players as well.

Having said that, there is absolute nothing in Hak's "coaching" that I see will propel this team.

As for the Giroux move, you've been calling for that the last 2 years. Not sure that's enough to make you a good NHL coach

Comment

To be fair to Hakstol...there are people who still call Giroux elite and think Voracek has been worth his contract..

By the same organization friendly standard, Raffl is everything described above.

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe
                  I hear ya Rev, I'm not putting this all on Hak, there is plenty of blame for Hextall and the players as well.

Having said that, there is absolute nothing in Hak's "coaching" that I see will propel this team.

As for the Giroux move, you've been calling for that the last 2 years. Not sure that's enough to make you a good NHL coach
                  Holy shit, I apologise for all the typos in that post..

On the coach front, I'd be very animated - like Roger Neilson...towel waving, stick throwing, challenging the other bench..

Lots of fines and ejections

Last edited by Rev_Bully; 11-22-2017, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

On the coach front, I'd be very animated - like Roger Neilson...towel waving, stick throwing, challenging the other bench..

Lots of fines and ejections
                    Isn't that what we need? A coach who gets mad when his team gets jobbed. A coach who allows his players to know that their play is not good enough DURING a game.

Anth...you're hired!

Comment

Haksols mannerism imo is a veneer for his lack of confidence in the role in my opinion. There were several clear double standards in the refereeing which deserved a little call out in order to help earn a call later in the game. Sanheim penalty was a joke and a period later del Zotto cracks the Flyers star in the hand and no call. Hak needs to elevate his game to earn the next all and ensure his star is protected.

Hak should have sent someone to speak with one of euro nucks that gave g the business after a whistle....you can't let a punk like Granlund lay a finger on your captain. But it was permitted.

He is scared to death at the wheel. Does not impose himself upon the game and looks like a listlesss wet limp note taker as opposed to an engaged man seeking emotional and physical calls to action.

He does not get the most from his team imo and quite frankly why would a pro play for a pencil necked note taker with no intensity beyond a contrived look of critical thinking while on the bench.

I am amazed at the amount of calls he flat out misses because he is note taking while the game is under way....head in a book as opposed to wathcing the game. NCAA cool. NHL dud.

Comment

Working...
                      X