GDT: Flyers vs Islanders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
    Making it seem like Hextall pulled the trigger on the Richards deal is plain silly...whatever you have to say following this statement won't carry any substance.
    ROFLMAO...so...just to be clear...Hextall get's no credit for the Kings Cup in 2012 as well...or just the dubious things that he and Lombardi (who he hired to work under him in Phlly) did in LA?

If you don't think Hextall had input into that trade happening..so be it..but whatever you say about Hextall will forever be tainted with that fanboy tint you're viewing him under...

Comment

So you think Hexy had a major impact on building that cup winning team the Kings had? I don't think any assistant GM plays a major role on any team, unless the GM gives them the responsibility of being the man for contract negotiations, salary cap implications, player movement. I think that of these, cap management is likely one area a GM delegates full responsibilities to an assistant GM...but the other areas, i don't see the assistant GM being more than a sounding board. If that bring the credit that you are implying, i'm not buying. You can...

Comment

Pretty sure I said ppl can't have it both ways...

If you want to say Hextall had zero to do with the cup in LA great..you can also absolve him of the negatives.

At which point I have to ask what made him qualified to be the GM here..having had no impact in LA?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

So are you saying that if Hextall was not onboard with a trade/signing, Lombardi would have shut it down? I would assume that Hextall has a say in these types of decisions in LA, but ownership of the decision still lay on the GM. So credit would go to the GM and the assistant GM would leverage involvement in these moves to sell their abilities for future employment as a GM.

I think anyone giving credit or blame to Hexy for LA's two cups is reading way too much into the powers he had in that position.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450
            So are you saying that if Hextall was not onboard with a trade/signing, Lombardi would have shut it down? I would assume that Hextall has a say in these types of decisions in LA, but ownership of the decision still lay on the GM. So credit would go to the GM and the assistant GM would leverage involvement in these moves to sell their abilities for future employment as a GM.

I think anyone giving credit or blame to Hexy for LA's two cups is reading way too much into the powers he had in that position.
            So we're now back to...what exactly has Hextall done to be a GM?

Look...the Flyers are where they are in large because of decisions Hextall has made. This is not Paul Holmgren team at this point..

It's Hexys prints all over it and I read a lot of people trying to blame everyone but Hextall for their unhappiness.

Some amazing mystery coach can turn the roster into a cup contender. Some phantom trade will return the roster ready talent to make this team go..

Maybe...maybe Hextall's vision is screwed..maybe fans have no understanding of how far away the club really is..

It's Hak, it's Simmonds, it's Weisse, Manning...maybe we just aren't very good... and weren't going to get..

..and that's on the GM. Buy it as "patience" or quit selling it when the questions get tough...not directed specifically at you but the tone of a majority of fans

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

I understand where you are coming from...but Hextall came in with a mantra of patience to allow for the ship to be turned around in the "right" way. How long we need to be patient is a fair question, but i think the situation we find ourselves facing is a "what came first, the chicken or egg" question. You are trying to push blame (i'm pretty sure you're not saying this is all on Hexy, but that he should be included in any blame that goes around) fairly. I'm just questioning if the team is exactly where it needs to be and that if we're looking for better results in the here and now, this requires a better head coach. That doesn't dissolve the players or Hexy from carrying some blame...but does put a bigger target on Hakstol. And if this team is actually on schedule, then the patience Hexy has been preaching will reward us.

This conversation reminds me of all the talking heads critique of the Eagles post 2017 draft. Pederson was an idiot. Howie was a ego-maniac who never played the game and thus had no idea what he was doing. The players were all junk, except for our golden boy...but even he carried uncertainty. Its not exactly the same thing...but i kind of feel that we need to let this play out (including people like me who would be OK with a coaching change).

Comment

Anth...i know you were a big Chip fan. So wanted to share this John Boruk article comparing Kelly to Hakstol (i love this kind of stuff!).

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphi...and-chip-kelly

Comment

Working...
                X