No announcement yet.

Eklund on Simmonds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing new about that. Just more beatwriters talking about the obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
      There's no "need" to trade Simmonds until NEXT year's deadline..he's got another year on that ridiculously affordable contract...

people are trying to figure out how to snap their fingers and mkae this club a cup threat..

the process requires patience..we're still a few years away from being a force...
      Absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by alxhj View Post

Absolutely
        we will get way more for him now than at the deadline next year. playoff rentals don't get you real assets anymore, this isnt 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake

we will get way more for him now than at the deadline next year. playoff rentals don't get you real assets anymore, this isnt 1998.
          I know..what is weird..people keep saying "losing streak"...last time a team didn't get a point for regulation ending in a tie was 1998. Maybe there is some weird time bubble happening.

Simmonds is injured or slowly recovering...the notion his trade value is high now...seems dubious.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
            Simmonds is injured or slowly recovering...the notion his trade value is high now...seems dubious.

This team has either sold low, or not gotten enough on potential.

Comment

simmonds is a streaky scorer and obviously his skating has been hampered recently. not seeing age-related decline atm. fully confident he'll be back to normal soon, he's starting to skate better.

i'm not saying trade him because of the current slump... i'm saying trade him if we can get quality young forwards back who will one day replace his production+.

also, he deserves a cup. even if not with us.

Comment

Does anybody think Simmonds is on the decline already? I think it is just a bad stretch for him. Anybody recall him being streaky the past few years? I thought he has been pretty consistent throughout the season....injury maybe?

Comment

Simmonds has usually been pretty streaky, but this year you can date it back to those couple games in the first couple weeks of the season where he suffered a few injuries within a short interval.

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post

Sure it is, but he's an asset we need to keep. What about Voracek and his horrid defensive play? He turned the puck over on one possession last night 3 friggin times.

Comment

Working...
                    X