Hakstol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hakstol

There are a lot of people and sites talking about canning him. This seven game losing streak and his asinine comments attempting to portray the streak in a different manner are getting some fans pretty irate. Does anyone think he makes it through this season? Personally I would rather a true NHL coach like Hartley be brought in. The Hak experiment should be over.

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2017/1...-flyers-4.html

https://sports.yahoo.com/latest-loss...025925065.html
    Last edited by evee1234; 11-26-2017, 03:03 PM.
    Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

if anyone, Daryl Sutter

Comment

I'd love for Hartley to be the next coach. His M.O. has always been tough hockey...something that is lacking with our team.

Comment

Plus he's a Cup winner. I like the way his teams play, tough hockey
        Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

I don't see Hextall making an in-season change barring something catastrophic. I think Hakstol has the rest of the season to try and figure things out.

Comment

What was this horrible spin on the "losing" streak?

there hasn;t been an OT "loser" since they started awarding a point to each team if they were tied at the end of regulation...BACK IN 1999

The last 10 games the Flyers went 2-3-5

That's 7 games they could have picked up points in, that's 14 total potential points.

They picked 9 of 14.

let's start setting things on fire and demanding coaches be fired because they look at the numbers and see the reality.

The Flyers are 8-9-6 after 23 games...

They've taken home points in 14 of 23 games....

they're sitting with 22 points

Meanwhile the Penguins who have 12 wins are only 5 points ahead of us..and also outside of the playoff bubble.

The two wild card clubs?

The caps with 14 wins...are 7 points ahead of us...they have 6 more ****ing wins...and only 7 more points..

and the rangers with 13 wins...are 6 points ahead of us....

Oh things are sooooo horrible...we should fire the coach...

Jeezus, Flyers fans are weak...we're not winning the cup in 23 games..we're not winning it this season..and no one should have expected it...making the playoffs as the 2nd Wild Card was a bit of stretch..

C'mon...you think Sutter or Hartley are going to take over the bench and turn the wet mush veterans hextall insists on rostering into a fearsome group? You think either of them suddenly makes the rookies and 2nd year guys not mistake prone or green? You think they suddenly get Hextall to abandon the Weises, Lehteras and the like to play the kids...and win!?

This is how PATIENCE goes...for everyone saying turst the process in other threads..you all seem to have missed that Hakstol and his 5 year deal is a CORNERSTONE to the PROCESS.

When did Flyers fans get so jelly lipped?

Comment

Hakstol is our Brett Brown...lucky us!

Fire the bum and hire Anth!! He might not make the team better...but his post game interviews will be EPIC!

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450
                Hakstol is our Brett Brown...lucky us!

Fire the bum and hire Anth!! He might not make the team better...but his post game interviews will be EPIC!
                "Sorry Rob Parent..you blocked me on Twitter...so you won't be in the interview..oh..and Cechmanek was a great goalie..print that Rob..."

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
                  What was this horrible spin on the "losing" streak?

there hasn;t been an OT "loser" since they started awarding a point to each team if they were tied at the end of regulation...BACK IN 1999

The last 10 games the Flyers went 2-3-5

That's 7 games they could have picked up points in, that's 14 total potential points.

They picked 9 of 14.

let's start setting things on fire and demanding coaches be fired because they look at the numbers and see the reality.

The Flyers are 8-9-6 after 23 games...

They've taken home points in 14 of 23 games....

they're sitting with 22 points

Meanwhile the Penguins who have 12 wins are only 5 points ahead of us..and also outside of the playoff bubble.

The two wild card clubs?

The caps with 14 wins...are 7 points ahead of us...they have 6 more ****ing wins...and only 7 more points..

and the rangers with 13 wins...are 6 points ahead of us....

Oh things are sooooo horrible...we should fire the coach...

Jeezus, Flyers fans are weak...we're not winning the cup in 23 games..we're not winning it this season..and no one should have expected it...making the playoffs as the 2nd Wild Card was a bit of stretch..

C'mon...you think Sutter or Hartley are going to take over the bench and turn the wet mush veterans hextall insists on rostering into a fearsome group? You think either of them suddenly makes the rookies and 2nd year guys not mistake prone or green? You think they suddenly get Hextall to abandon the Weises, Lehteras and the like to play the kids...and win!?

This is how PATIENCE goes...for everyone saying turst the process in other threads..you all seem to have missed that Hakstol and his 5 year deal is a CORNERSTONE to the PROCESS.

When did Flyers fans get so jelly lipped?
                  We all know that patience is not a virtue when it comes to the Flyers. It should be, but it's not. I personally think that Hakstol is doing a pretty good job considering the youth of the team.

Comment

We can debate how much of this falls on Hak, but to pretend he's not responsible for this mess is a joke:

- Losing 7 in a row (what's acceptable - 8, 9, 10?)
                    - Winning only 29 out of your last 75 games
                    - Constantly blowing leads
                    - Playing a #7 d-man 24 min a game? (see Manning)
                    - Nightly bizarre lineup choices (the selection of players during the NYI 3 vs 3 OT game was a joke)
                    - Scratching young players for vets (Weal & Leier out tonight for Lethera & Weise small example)
                    - Playing uninspired & lethargic hockey

Is this all on Hak, I don't know? But please don't tell me how he doesn't wear any of this...the above are basic coaching duties.

We can point to teams like Pits and Wash with their struggles, but we should also ask why Gallant has been able to lead an expansion team to first place? I have a hard time accepting we are once again a lottery team which currently sits in 26th place...

Comment

Working...
                    X