Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Flyers vs Sharks

7:00PM EST

Teams last met, in San Jose, for the opening game of the Flyers season. Simmonds had a hat trick. The Flyers won.

Something says that if they are to win tonight, they'll need goal support from some other players.

Maybe Neuvirth will stand on his head and goaltending will end the losing streak.

They will blow three 2 goal leads and lose in SO. Hakstol will stay satisfied and his agent (aka Rev) will throw out extremely long posts defending how we didn't lose but won a point. And we'll go through the same cycle again.

Comment

Lynch ..... All your post is doing is stirring up shit.
      Why?

If you want to incite others for a pissing match, do it in private messages.
      "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

I think we have it in us to blow a 3 goal lead. You gotta believe.

Comment

Hat...i'm definitely taking a jab at Anth, but not in a mean way. I respect what he is trying to do. Speaking up for the the other side is something i respect and while i don't agree with him completely, i do feel that Anth brings up some valid points (including keeping Hextall accountable).

As for my prediction, i'll stand by it (and i'll bet most would agree that the domino effect mentioned would roll out as stated)...

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450
            Hat...i'm definitely taking a jab at Anth, but not in a mean way. I respect what he is trying to do. Speaking up for the the other side is something i respect and while i don't agree with him completely, i do feel that Anth brings up some valid points (including keeping Hextall accountable).

As for my prediction, i'll stand by it (and i'll bet most would agree that the domino effect mentioned would roll out as stated)...
            Blame the NHL...they decided that rather than have teams play for the tie in OT they'd just give both teams a point for being tied..I can't get upset about games we get a point in.

This team could just as easily collapse in regulation and get nothing..

The current 10 game streak is no more an indicator than last year's was...but folks are gonna go overboard either way.

And yeah I'm not overly thrilled with Hak but the notion he's the problem is misguided

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
              And yeah I'm not overly thrilled with Hak but the notion he's the problem is misguided
              Ding ding ding we have a winner. I don't know if most people realize that we can say say the coach is doing a poor job AND that he's not the main issue.

This team has been playing the same way for the most part since Berube was the coach. Of course Hak can do a better job, but I don't think changing the coach will solve the team's biggest flaws.

Comment

Originally posted by Niittyzus View Post

Ding ding ding we have a winner. I don't know if most people realize that we can say say the coach is doing a poor job AND that he's not the main issue.

This team has been playing the same way for the most part since Berube was the coach. Of course Hak can do a better job, but I don't think changing the coach will solve the team's biggest flaws.

Comment

Coming off menu to hire an NCAA coach was cute and likely bought the coach a couple of years. But in the end the coach has not done anything creative or game changing to give his club a leg up. Silly challenges has stripped him of important time outs or cost him penalties. The stoic approach hasn't lit a fire under anyone. The studious coach is missing game action while making a grocery list. The unwillingness to allow emotion to enter the arena is extremely silly given the nature of the event. This coach has only his limited NHL perspective and would easily be dismissed by veterans in his attempts to lead this team from its challenges. Leadership isn't natural or easy. It is clear to see this man lacks leadership skills beyond the text book teachings of the modern day over educated under experienced senior leadership member. He is a by product of today where the "smart guy" is the safe bet. But in the end he isn't savvy, isn't experienced and isn't best in class...simply out of the box and while that is fun for a bit.....the fun doesn't often last.....see the man's track record.

Comment

Originally posted by irvdog View Post
                    Coming off menu to hire an NCAA coach was cute and likely bought the coach a couple of years. But in the end the coach has not done anything creative or game changing to give his club a leg up. Silly challenges has stripped him of important time outs or cost him penalties. The stoic approach hasn't lit a fire under anyone. The studious coach is missing game action while making a grocery list. The unwillingness to allow emotion to enter the arena is extremely silly given the nature of the event. This coach has only his limited NHL perspective and would easily be dismissed by veterans in his attempts to lead this team from its challenges. Leadership isn't natural or easy. It is clear to see this man lacks leadership skills beyond the text book teachings of the modern day over educated under experienced senior leadership member. He is a by product of today where the "smart guy" is the safe bet. But in the end he isn't savvy, isn't experienced and isn't best in class...simply out of the box and while that is fun for a bit.....the fun doesn't often last.....see the man's track record.
                    You do know his NCAA track record is pretty great, right? He developed a pretty successful program. So at some point his leadership skills were there. So now in the NHL he has no leadership skills?

Comment

Working...
                    X