GDT: Flyers vs Sharks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Niittyzus View Post

You do know his NCAA track record is pretty great, right? He developed a pretty successful program. So at some point his leadership skills were there. So now in the NHL he has no leadership skills?
    Yeah I understand the man is likeky very bright and a good leader...probably well rounded...community minded...a good family man....he is likely a good dude....don't mean to be so hard on the man honestly. But he is coaching in the show and doesn't seem to have answers....or charisma ...or Moxy....or whatever it takes to make a difference at this level. I am shooting my mouth off like an idiot b/c I am dying for signs of progress not regression. Sorry Hak looking for more... anything that seems human..... anything that looks like you have fire in yer belly and that you hate losing...give us somehting other than stoic and boring. I am a dinasour.... analytics are here to stay and self controlled is in in some circles but I'm looking for some give a shit from the bench.... something....it's 8 in a row and no self respecting man should take this sitting down.

Comment

Originally posted by IceHokie View Post
      I think we have it in us to blow a 3 goal lead. You gotta believe.
      1/3 of the way there already.

Comment

Jake needs to get off the dope.

Comment

I'd actually like Hak to pick his own group of assistant coaches before he gets tossed..

Or does the next guy get Lappy too?

I think I said this before but the problem with bringing in a college/juniors coach is having a room dominated by star level players that are already set in there ways

I think Hextall has erred in believing he could have the best of both worlds...hiring Hak should have started wholesale changes...

This team and it's uninspired play looks like much of Claude Giroux tenure ...not to single out or blame Giroux but to point out the complaints aren't new and have existed for a number of coaches...

The Flyers have been a country club franchise for decades...I think Hakstol was supposed to change that.. just not sure how he could succeed without big moves being made.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Chip Kelly was considered a brilliant and innovative college Head Coach...how did that work out....
            Last edited by flyerdog; 11-28-2017, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Ol' lappy. We are gonna pay for the face shot block for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by flyerdog
                Chip Kelly was considered a brilliant and innovative college Head Coach...how did that work out....
                Second coach in NFL history to win a division title in his first year?

Took a club that had finished 4 and 12 the year prior and finished 10 and 6?

Arguably Chip's a better warning for Hextall as it wasn't until he got personnel control and began implementing his vision that the fanbase lost faith..

He went 10-6 twice then 6-9 for an Eagles record of 26-21...

Probably not what you were looking for...but accurate.

Comment

Jeez I got excited there for a minute. We got two shots late in the third....awesome way to push back.

Comment

Did the team just quit? 3 shots in the third. I can hear it now the remorse of the player costing the coach a job.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
                      Second coach in NFL history to win a division title in his first year?

Took a club that had finished 4 and 12 the year prior and finished 10 and 6?

Arguably Chip's a better warning for Hextall as it wasn't until he got personnel control and began implementing his vision that the fanbase lost faith..

He went 10-6 twice then 6-9 for an Eagles record of 26-21...

Probably not what you were looking for...but accurate.

he also lacked "emotional intelligence"...and then he went to SF...ugh...

Comment

Working...
                      X