Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Flyers vs Sharks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Jake needs to sit for a couple of games...lazy lazy play today...wonder if his head is not in the right place...didn't his sister just get diagnosed with MS? guy probably needs a respite ala Mason

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by flyerdog View Post

      he also lacked "emotional intelligence"...and then he went to SF...ugh...
      Like that's important when you are working with 45 men toward a common goal in a pressure cooker of a market in a hypercharged league.

      Comment


      • #23
        Booed off the ice...players only meeting...what's next. Vote of confidence for Hakstol?

        Comment


        • #24
          "emotional intelligence" is that what we call it when we're sad the coach doesn't go ape shit? Sounds silly.

          Meanwhile we're gonna make excuses for players who've had this exact same problem under every coach they've played for at this level...

          Yup fire Hak..

          ....call me when the 8m is motivation enough for Jake and Claude to turn in a full season of effort and smart play..

          ...a lot less of any "intelligence" required for the players

          Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk


          Last edited by Rev_Bully; 11-28-2017, 11:40 PM.

          Comment


          • #25
            Now *that* was a hard game to watch.

            Flat footed. Reaching.

            Bad penalties.

            So many "low percentage", or wildly optimistic, passes across the middle.

            I agree with the sentiment that Jake has earned a benching. He has a good rush once in a while but he's avoiding playing big, and making a lot of mistakes, far too much of the time. He's no match for Jake when he's on his game, but maybe put Raffl up with Giroux and Coots and tell him to play big for a game or two. Maybe bring Weal back up since he'll at least compete.

            Next game is a Saturday matinee against the Bruins. Afternoon games never give me the feels, and against this opponent, ugh. No reason to think this slide is over.

            Comment


            • #26
              Originally posted by Niittyzus View Post

              Of course Hak can do a better job
              of course he can do a better job but unfortunately heís not and what do you do in this case since you canít trade the whole
              Team? Fire him!!!
              We cant put the whole blame on HAK i understand, but my biggest issue is heís not doing a better job.

              Comment


              • #27
                Originally posted by newgodz View Post

                of course he can do a better job but unfortunately heís not and what do you do in this case since you canít trade the whole
                Team? Fire him!!!
                We cant put the whole blame on HAK i understand, but my biggest issue is heís not doing a better job.
                At some point the answer has to start being "YES" trade the whole team...

                this issue isn't new...it got Stevens fired, Lavy fired, Berube never really got a chance because of it..and now we're tossing hakstol too..

                There's a common denominator in this...and the org and the fans need to start recognizing it...

                how often do we let uninspired play, the dumb passes, the lack of defensive coverage..go...and I mean..in seasons at this point..because counting by game gets us well into the hundreds...

                Yes at some point you can start trading "everyone"

                I said in a different post...trade everyone with more than 175 games played...

                If you don;t think you can find a home for Giroux or Jake..you're wrong..

                We took ****ing Lehtera for Schenn...because we wanted the picks...


                Bye Claude, Jake, Wayne, Coots, Andy, Raffl, Read, Jori, Radko, Dale, Filp...

                ...hanging on by a thread there Brandon...

                There are 11 players on that list..and god help me...if I found out tomorrow none of those players were on the team...the result would be no different, in my mind, than the last 10 games have been.

                Why...can't...they just turn over the team?
                Last edited by Rev_Bully; 11-29-2017, 09:00 AM.

                Comment


                • #28
                  Originally posted by dogzus View Post
                  Now *that* was a hard game to watch.

                  Flat footed. Reaching.

                  Bad penalties.

                  So many "low percentage", or wildly optimistic, passes across the middle.

                  I agree with the sentiment that Jake has earned a benching. He has a good rush once in a while but he's avoiding playing big, and making a lot of mistakes, far too much of the time. He's no match for Jake when he's on his game, but maybe put Raffl up with Giroux and Coots and tell him to play big for a game or two. Maybe bring Weal back up since he'll at least compete.

                  Next game is a Saturday matinee against the Bruins. Afternoon games never give me the feels, and against this opponent, ugh. No reason to think this slide is over.
                  and i think this is the underlying issue...and it always seems to happen..it's one thing to lose games because of lack of talent...but when your best players are choking and not performing..and taking lazy penalties..when the whole team looks befuddled and inept...it goes beyond simply the players on the ice...never thought we'd say THIS, but where would this team be right now if not for Couts?

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by irvdog View Post

                    Like that's important when you are working with 45 men toward a common goal in a pressure cooker of a market in a hypercharged league.
                    well if you remember it was an issue..one of them at least...The players had openly defied Kelly..when guys like Jason Peters refused to go back into a game..and then said in public "What's the point?"....

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Originally posted by flyerdog View Post

                      well if you remember it was an issue..one of them at least...The players had openly defied Kelly..when guys like Jason Peters refused to go back into a game..and then said in public "What's the point?"....
                      I was being cynical. I think eq is incredibly important for leaders.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X