GDT: Flyers vs Sharks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

At some point the answer has to start being "YES" trade the whole team...

this issue isn't new...it got Stevens fired, Lavy fired, Berube never really got a chance because of it..and now we're tossing hakstol too..

There's a common denominator in this...and the org and the fans need to start recognizing it...

how often do we let uninspired play, the dumb passes, the lack of defensive coverage..go...and I mean..in seasons at this point..because counting by game gets us well into the hundreds...

Yes at some point you can start trading "everyone"

I said in a different post...trade everyone with more than 175 games played...

If you don;t think you can find a home for Giroux or Jake..you're wrong..

We took ****ing Lehtera for Schenn...because we wanted the picks...

Bye Claude, Jake, Wayne, Coots, Andy, Raffl, Read, Jori, Radko, Dale, Filp...

...hanging on by a thread there Brandon...

There are 11 players on that list..and god help me...if I found out tomorrow none of those players were on the team...the result would be no different, in my mind, than the last 10 games have been.

Why...can't...they just turn over the team?
    I agree with everything you said rev but why is this team playing effortless gutless boring hockey?? Im not expecting them to win every game but i wanna see an effort by the players, they dont look motivated at all....maybe Hak may become a good coach day but IMO i donít think heís the right coach for a team in a rebuilding mode....he lacks experience,vision, system, i mean dont get me wrong hak is still learning the game and that takes lots of time to learn...they should have hired an experienced coach, a good mentor for the young guys on the team.... i have no idea what the kids on the team gonna learn from HAK because the way theyíre playing theres not much he can teach.

Comment

At some point the answer has to start being "YES" trade the whole team...

this issue isn't new...it got Stevens fired, Lavy fired, Berube never really got a chance because of it..and now we're tossing hakstol too..

There's a common denominator in this...and the org and the fans need to start recognizing it...

how often do we let uninspired play, the dumb passes, the lack of defensive coverage..go...and I mean..in seasons at this point..because counting by game gets us well into the hundreds...

Yes at some point you can start trading "everyone"

I said in a different post...trade everyone with more than 175 games played...

If you don;t think you can find a home for Giroux or Jake..you're wrong..

We took ****ing Lehtera for Schenn...because we wanted the picks...

Bye Claude, Jake, Wayne, Coots, Andy, Raffl, Read, Jori, Radko, Dale, Filp...

...hanging on by a thread there Brandon...

There are 11 players on that list..and god help me...if I found out tomorrow none of those players were on the team...the result would be no different, in my mind, than the last 10 games have been.

Why...can't...they just turn over the team?
      There's a point when an organization has to admit that their failure is caused by the members of it. The Flyers have fired GMs and coaches yet the results have not changed. To do that again would only bring more instability to the team with most likely no long term change in success.
      Rev is correct. It's time to put the onus where it belongs-on the players. It's time to move the guys that he listed. IDK what the return for these players would be but if a fair return could be had, it's time to move on. It's a core of losing. Coots, I'd keep and build around him. He's young and improving. Anyone else over the age of 25 can go.
      "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

I'd keep G (for all the hater's out there, he's having a good year and has consistently been the best skater out there for them most nights), Simmonds, Gost, Hagg, Morin, Prov, and Coots. Other than that, blow up this team. Jake is looking more like the unfocused player he was in Columbus we were warned about.
        Last edited by Niittyzus; 11-29-2017, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Niittyzus
          I'd keep G (for all the hater's out there, he's having a good year and has consistently been the best skater out there for them most nights), Simmonds, Gost, Hagg, Morin, and Coots. Other than that, blow up this team. Jake is looking more like the unfocused player he was in Columbus we were warned about.
          Meh. All the talk about Giroux and individual measures..team has gone nowhere under him and has been hit with the "lazy" tag way too frequently..

I used to defend Giroux...but at this point..it's time to move on.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Meh. All the talk about Giroux and individual measures..team has gone nowhere under him and has been hit with the "lazy" tag way too frequently..

I'm usually the one that defends him, but this year he's their best player (as it should be). But if the return is good...

Comment

Oh I would be careful making coutse your centre piece. He has the benefit of some skill on his line....if he is centering the second line idk that his numbers are as flattering.
              g is still your best player....maybe provokop....but g either has to be the centre of a quick rebuild or traded for a ransom.....another trade without menaingful return can't happen.

Comment

Trading Giroux or Voracek just from a cap perspective makes a ton of sense. Add in the fact that this is a major shakeup in the locker room...this would be a nice second step (after the firing of the coach). If adding a Myers to such a deal allows for one of the anchors to also be included...i'll volunteer to drive the trio to their new city.

Comment

Agreed, unfortunately, I was an early adopter of this position.

Comment

He and Jake have a bit of what I'd call Briere-syndrome. I think they are not able to get fully engaged in regular season games anymore. They are waiting for playoff stakes to really get the adrenaline going.

Not a good trait for a rebuilding team that may not make the playoffs.
                    Last edited by dogzus; 11-29-2017, 08:01 PM. Reason: used the same word too many times in one sentence

Comment

Working...
                    X