• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #FireAlmostEveryone

...get rid of Hakstol and Lappy.

...promote Knoblauch to Head Coach.

...get rid of every player with more than 175 games played at the NHL level

...hire someone to do contracts...Hextall isn't much better than Holmgren...want proof?

"Dale Weise gives us size (6-foot-2, 206 pounds), gives us some speed, he gives us some tenacious play, he plays with an edge," Flyers general manager Ron Hextall said. "He's got some pretty good hands. He can add to our depth scoring, our top-nine scoring. One of the areas we identified that we wanted to add some depth to [was] our top three lines and we feel we did that with Dale."

..4 years to Dale Weise...on this thinking...

Hextall has done other things right..so I'm not interested in firing him yet...but contracts are not his forte...

Seriously...i want meaningful change if we're going to make a change..simply removing Hakstol doesn;t alter anything..same problems year after year after year...coach after coach after coach

Sold.can the gm. Let him pick his new coach. Let's get it on while we have youth in the wings and assets that can be moved.... in theory.

Comment

I think the overall team philosophy is flawed. From the passive defence, to the PK that looks so unsure of itself, to the way in which youth are sheltered, to the lack of standing up for another, etc...this team is in need of a major shift in team philosophy. I'm sure that some of this would need to be dictated by the GM, but at the end of the day, its how the coaches deliver this and reinforce it for it to work.

Comment

Really, the only thing I can give Hextall props for are the draft picks and his patience with prospects. His Contract / Free Agent Decisions, NHL Trades and NHL Roster construction have really been pretty bad. He has assembled probably the smallest and softest NHL team and saddle it with overpriced, non-productive veteran contracts. If Weise, Lehtera, Read and Raffl disappeared tomorrow the Flyers would be a better team at that time than they are now. How sad is that?

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450
          I think the overall team philosophy is flawed. From the passive defence, to the PK that looks so unsure of itself, to the way in which youth are sheltered, to the lack of standing up for another, etc...this team is in need of a major shift in team philosophy. I'm sure that some of this would need to be dictated by the GM, but at the end of the day, its how the coaches deliver this and reinforce it for it to work.
          It's been a problem for 4 coaches and 2GMs..

At some points you have to look at the roster and the players who keep carrying over.

Coaches cannot make players play differently, more aggressive, more focused..that's an individual effort and performance thing...and those issues have dogged this team since before Hextall or Hakstol..

Giroux has been ripped under every coach and 2 GMs for his lackadaisical approach...it's his room and it's his culture at the forefront..start their and work down...

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

I think it might be time to trade Giroux. Sign Simmonds to a contract extension and give him the C.

Comment

Originally posted by phillymac14
              I think it might be time to trade Giroux. Sign Simmonds to a contract extension and give him the C.
              Giroux and our 2018 2nd to Montreal for Galchenyuk MTLs 2018 2nd and CHIs 2018 2nd.

Some will say it's not enough of a return...but it clears a longer contract, opens over 3m in Cap..and gives us 4 picks in the top 64in a deep draft the Flyers like.

We use some of the 3m to extend Simmonds...who reminds me too much of BeindAmour to want to repeat the mistake of trading him

Problem us Giroux has an NMC so he might need to be stripped of the C and played down a kind or two to motivate to accept a trade.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

If you want to kill his mood just make him watch the last two weeks of Flyers games.

Comment

You know your org has issues when you are in year 4 of a rebuild and the expansion club is better out of the box with a bunch of castoffs than your intentional reboot.

Comment

Is it just me, but when we have a big team, we're slow and lumbering and speedier teams fly right past us. When we have a smallish faster team, bigger teams push us around and win all the board battles. No matter what we can't win and it's causing me to become disinterested in the Flyers. I don't like the make up of this team at all. The only exciting player out there is Martel because he's creating scoring chances every other shift. Weal, Weise, Read, Konecny, Lehtera... name 4 of your middle six and two of the bottom 3 and we can get rid of them. This team is a collection of middling players and that don't have an identity. This problem starts with the top down. Giroux is a good player, but maybe he's not captain material. I've always preferred a captain that was more of a tough guy, that could lay a big hit, stir up the opposition, and drop the gloves if need be, while chipping in come clutch goals. I just don't think you generate the game changing emotion/leadership from a smallish point producer, who takes more hits than he gives. This team has me longing for some "Flyers" hockey.

Comment

Working...
                    X