#FireAlmostEveryone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
    Giroux and our 2018 2nd to Montreal for Galchenyuk MTLs 2018 2nd and CHIs 2018 2nd.

Some will say it's not enough of a return...but it clears a longer contract, opens over 3m in Cap..and gives us 4 picks in the top 64in a deep draft the Flyers like.

We use some of the 3m to extend Simmonds...who reminds me too much of BeindAmour to want to repeat the mistake of trading him

Problem us Giroux has an NMC so he might need to be stripped of the C and played down a kind or two to motivate to accept a trade.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    I agree about Simmonds. I love everything about his game and I think he should be leading the Flyers. I like the Montreal idea too. Giroux might even bight on that one except for the fact they aren't very good right now either. He's going to want a shot at the Cup to waive his NMC.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
      I think the overall team philosophy is flawed. From the passive defence, to the PK that looks so unsure of itself, to the way in which youth are sheltered, to the lack of standing up for another, etc...this team is in need of a major shift in team philosophy. I'm sure that some of this would need to be dictated by the GM, but at the end of the day, its how the coaches deliver this and reinforce it for it to work.
      You're right about philosophy, we used to be a blue collar hardworking team, with a physical edge. Now we run around with tutu's on and can't win a puck battle to save our lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
        Giroux and our 2018 2nd to Montreal for Galchenyuk MTLs 2018 2nd and CHIs 2018 2nd.

Some will say it's not enough of a return...but it clears a longer contract, opens over 3m in Cap..and gives us 4 picks in the top 64in a deep draft the Flyers like.

We use some of the 3m to extend Simmonds...who reminds me too much of BeindAmour to want to repeat the mistake of trading him

Problem us Giroux has an NMC so he might need to be stripped of the C and played down a kind or two to motivate to accept a trade.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
        I think the Flyers could do much better if they truly shopped G.

Galchenyuk has been a shit show with the Habs the last two years, and with the recent news/rumour that he was in rehab this summer, the Flyers should stay far away from him...

Comment

Originally posted by LOD108819 View Post
          Is it just me, but when we have a big team, we're slow and lumbering and speedier teams fly right past us. When we have a smallish faster team, bigger teams push us around and win all the board battles.
          If you're gonna be small, you better be "elite small." (ie. have high end talent that can really dominate a game with speed and skill ala Patrick Kane). Problem is, Flyers went small with two-way forwards which really doesn't work. So not only are they not able to impose themselves physically, they also don't have the skill set to dominate the game. It's really ugly cause they can't assert themselves one way or another.

Even our next two center's (Rubstov and Frost) are 6' and 5'11' respectively, projected to be 2nd or 3rd liners. So they likely don't have high end NHL skill, but also don't have the size to go with it. The only blessing is that our D corp has size and we have some size coming on the wings (eventually).

Comment

Patrick is 6' 2", Ratcliff is 6'6", Allison is 6'2", Strome is 6'4", Bunnaman is 6'3",

The Flyers have drafted larger forwards. The problem is that large players that can skate and have a high skill level are rare and get drafted early. Once you get into the late 1st round and later the players all have hickeys unless it is a really deep draft. That means that the larger players don't have great skating or hands or something. Conversely, the players that are great skaters and have a lot of skill are smaller. See Konecny. With his skating and talent, if he has another couple inches and 20 pounds he would have been a Top 10 pick. That's just the way it works.

Comment

Not understanding the love for Galchenyuk. If he was so great Montreal would be holding on to him for dear life.

Comment

My fear is Hextall does nothing and I think that's going to be the case. A full season of this and then next year. Maybe we can win the lottery this time.
                Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

It worked for the Pens

Comment

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
                    Patrick is 6' 2", Ratcliff is 6'6", Allison is 6'2", Strome is 6'4", Bunnaman is 6'3",

The Flyers have drafted larger forwards. The problem is that large players that can skate and have a high skill level are rare and get drafted early. Once you get into the late 1st round and later the players all have hickeys unless it is a really deep draft. That means that the larger players don't have great skating or hands or something. Conversely, the players that are great skaters and have a lot of skill are smaller. See Konecny. With his skating and talent, if he has another couple inches and 20 pounds he would have been a Top 10 pick. That's just the way it works.
                    The problem is, aside from Patrick none of those guys are on the team, and are still years away...

The current team is relatively small, and lacks skill. The few guys with size (aside from Simmer), play like a wet noodle.

Comment

Originally posted by alxhj View Post
                      It worked for the Pens
                      The referee's won't help us like they help them.
                      Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Working...
                      X