#FireAlmostEveryone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe

I think the Flyers could do much better if they truly shopped G.

Galchenyuk has been a shit show with the Habs the last two years, and with the recent news/rumour that he was in rehab this summer, the Flyers should stay far away from him...
    I think Flyers fans hugely overrate their superstars and underrate the long and pricey contracts they have..

Getting s team to eat 8million of cap without taking back a Lehtera means maybe leaving something else on the table.

As for Galchenyuk and his "issues" don't know, don't honestly care. At this point clearing the cap and getting a player with a shorter contract who's significantly younger..and 2 picks in the second seems great..

I must have missed the rampant success this team has experienced in the Giroux era... Weird how players get passes for going nowhere..

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Last edited by Rev_Bully; 11-29-2017, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234

The referee's won't help us like they help them.
      So? This team never needed help from the refs to succeed. Hell they had been penalties created because of their style.

Let's be honest..the Flyers and their fanbase have been chasing trends since Lindros ended. People didn't want a big tough team..they needed fast skill players..

All we gotta do is look at the last ten years of posts on this board to see where Philly hockey went wrong..

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is Hexy's presser after yesterday's game.

https://streamable.com/vena4

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post

The problem is, aside from Patrick none of those guys are on the team, and are still years away...

The current team is relatively small, and lacks skill. The few guys with size (aside from Simmer), play like a wet noodle.
          This team is a collection of sissy's. I totally agree and it drives me nuts. From a draft standpoint, it takes time to draft and develop players in the later rounds that you hope make an impact. Homer left the cupboard empty and Hextall targeted D-men in his early tenure. We will be seeing those rewards soon. Hopefully the Forwards develop faster but Konecny is the last 1st round Forward taken by the Flyers beside Rubstov and then you have to go all the way back to Laughton and Couturier. Laughton was a miss but that was on Homer's watch.

Anyway, the point is that the size and grit on the NHL roster today should have come from either Trades or Free Agency and Hextall has failed in both those markets.

Comment

So many likes......so little time. The words you seem to be searching for revolve around identity and balance. (Miss ya Polar) Schenn was one of only 2 you could count on to go the enemy net. Now there's one. The rook doesn't help that much. They are soft up front, they lose the boards and the creases with regularity. For a puny team, I don't see them running away from checkers and winning that many races either. They let Bettman wuss them out into a complete loss of who they are.

It's not likely to change no matter who's running them in a given moment.

Kids make mistakes, and on the back end you have to live with them to get a full return on potential. Offensively, their "core" sucks. Can't put it any simpler. They're miles away. Goal is going to have to wait for the maturation of the farmhands. I wouldn't get too worked up over that.

I just laugh at those who thought all the Broad Streeters could do was fight. Grossly under appreciate everything they brought to the table. THE change still never reconciled from those days is the cap. Flyers need their own Joe Banner. In fact; what's he doing these days?..................

Comment

I was thinking "Where's Polar" yesterday...

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post

The referee's won't help us like they help them.
                Good point

Comment

Originally posted by FLexible FLyer View Post
                  So many likes......so little time. The words you seem to be searching for revolve around identity and balance. (Miss ya Polar) Schenn was one of only 2 you could count on to go the enemy net. Now there's one. The rook doesn't help that much. They are soft up front, they lose the boards and the creases with regularity. For a puny team, I don't see them running away from checkers and winning that many races either. They let Bettman wuss them out into a complete loss of who they are.

It's not likely to change no matter who's running them in a given moment.

Kids make mistakes, and on the back end you have to live with them to get a full return on potential. Offensively, their "core" sucks. Can't put it any simpler. They're miles away. Goal is going to have to wait for the maturation of the farmhands. I wouldn't get too worked up over that.

I just laugh at those who thought all the Broad Streeters could do was fight. Grossly under appreciate everything they brought to the table. THE change still never reconciled from those days is the cap. Flyers need their own Joe Banner. In fact; what's he doing these days?..................
                  That summed it up perfectly. I realize fighting isn't as big a part of the game as it once was, but physical play is still a huge part, and after Simmonds we have Gudas (who now has a large target on his back, kind of self inflicted), Coots and Voracek sometimes, and that's about it. I've been saying for years the Flyers sold out their identity to please that wuss Bettman, and now the chickens have come home to roost.

Comment

Funny thing. I was reading this yesterday and had so many thoughts about it...

Comment

Funny how so many wanted anyone big and tough gone. Now most are begging to have someone who can exert some physical. Balance. Always stressed it. Got fed up defending it. Think maybe my stance might not be so offensive anymore. Haha.

Comment

Working...
                      X