Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eklund says Oilers discussing RNH with Flyers

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...tBuzz3/1/89244

I know who it is but does this not make complete sense???? I have been saying for a while now that the Oilers are natural trading partners for us. They need good young D and we have them, we need a guy like RNH and he's possibly available. Lots of news surrounding Chiarelli and what he will do. I doubt he goes the Chara route, that doesn't address the top pairing long term. I think RNH would do well here, second line two way center.
    Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

How would this work from a salary cap perspective?

Comment

I don't know that I like it. He's way overpaid for what he's done to date. I also don't think it makes a lot of sense to add a young center when we have an abundance in the system. Between Laughton, Frost, Vecchione, Vorobyov, Rubstov, Bunnaman and Marody, two of them should work out as the #4 and #3 center starting in the next two years and then for the foreseeable future. If we're adding a young forward, I'd be looking at wing.

That said, cap wise you could use Lehtera, Weise, or Filpulla to balance it out.
      "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

What we really need is a guy like Kassian, we already have enough "skaters". This team is in serious need of some physicality again.

Comment

I'd do it if they took back Lehtera. What about Haag and Lehtera for RNH? Haag's trade value is probably as high as it can be given how he played, in the situations he has played and the minutes he has played. Considering that maybe we would be overpaying. Don't know. But shedding a bad contract is the only way I would do it. The idea with the one I proposed is we shed a bad contract and they get a good young D-man in return. Everyone is happy. Haag has been one of the few pleasant surprises this year so I am not sure what I think about trading him or what his value should be.

Comment

I keep Hagg and offer Gudas, but RNH is not really the kind of guy we need.

Comment

Does Gudas have any value? He has to be one of the dumbest players I have ever seen.

Comment

Pretending there is some truth this rumour, you know the ASK from Edmonton would be Provy.

That will be a no-go for Hexy (it better be), so now you're looking at a package involving Sanheim.

All other combos Hagg/Morin/Myers/Gudas are never gonna fly IMO.

Comment

I spoke with a few Oiler fans and yeah the top of the wish list is Provorov but he's not going anywhere. I think RNH would help the second line but we would have to part with Sanheim plus IMO. That is something I think would work well for both teams.
                  Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

LMFAO at the idea of moving Provorov or Sanheim for an overpaid, underperforming player. They can pound sand.

Comment

Working...
                    X