Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eklund says Oilers discussing RNH with Flyers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    RNH has been playing pretty well recently, which is why Bob Mackenzie thinks they may not even move him. And it was already stated Provorov is our only untouchable.
    Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
      LMFAO at the idea of moving Provorov or Sanheim for an overpaid, underperforming player. They can pound sand.
      Totally agree!

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
        LMFAO at the idea of moving Provorov or Sanheim for an overpaid, underperforming player. They can pound sand.
        I'm NOT a RNH guy but...

        ....the Oilers aren't moving their 2nd line center (former 1st overall pick) for spare parts.

        The Flyers got two 1st rounders for Schenn. The Oilers aren't moving RNH for Hagg/Gudas/Morin + salary dumps.

        We may love Sanheim, but I'm sure they'd say "a late first round pick who's on pace for 15 points.Maybe he'll be a good d-man one day, maybe he won't. Certainly doesn't have the body of work which would suggest it's a ridiculous proposal...."

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by Hexy's Axe

          I'm NOT a RNH guy but...

          ....the Oilers aren't moving their 2nd line center (former 1st overall pick) for spare parts.

          The Flyers got two 1st rounders for Schenn. The Oilers aren't moving RNH for Hagg/Gudas/Morin + salary dumps.

          We may love Sanheim, but I'm sure they'd say "a late first round pick who's on pace for 15 points.Maybe he'll be a good d-man one day, maybe he won't. Certainly doesn't have the body of work which would suggest it's a ridiculous proposal...."
          We also got Lehtera tho...so there's probably some wiggle room there...

          Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • #15
            Draisatl is their 2nd line Center and the reason they want to move RNH ... So he can move back to center instead of playing on the wing.

            Also, Schenn is a better player than RNH and we only got 2 firsts because we took a bad contract back. Without that Lehtera contract it probably would have been a 1st and a 3rd. I wouldn't trade a 1st and a 3rd for RNH given his performance the last 2 years and his contract. And I am not trading Sanheim either when Sanheim can be a Top Pairing D-men that you have control over for many years and RNH's contract expires as a UFA in 3 years.

            Besides, Edmonton is under pressure to win now. If that is the case why would they even want Sanheim. He doesn't help them win now. It would have to be someone that can help them win this year. Haag does that more than Sanheim does. Realistically they would want a vet from our D Corps which means they can only be talking about Provorov, MacDonald, Gudas or Gost. Provorov and Gost aren't an option for RNH from the Flyers perspective so you are back to MacDonald and Gudas. MacDonald might make sense from their standpoint. He's cheaper and on a shorter contract and can give them a solid vet to play with all the younger D-men they have. Still not sure how that works from an RNH trade standpoint though.

            Comment


            • #16
              If Eklund says it is happening, we should all be running out to get Nuge Flyer jerseys now and beat the crowd!

              Comment


              • #17
                Aside from the fact that it is Eklund, there are other rumblings throughout the League about this potential type of trade. There are three teams pretty desperate right now with very annoyed fan bases. Montreal, Philadelphia and Edmonton. Where there is smoke there is usually fire. I do expect two of these teams to at least make an attempt at changing the dynamic of their team by way of a trade, if not, GM's could be on the move as owner hear the chants from their fans once again.
                Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Edmonton is in a win now position. If they were going to move RNH, it would be for a veteran defenseman not a project. Provorov isn't being traded. That means one of Gudas, AMac, Manning or Gostisbehere. My guess is that Ghost would be the guy. Other lesser players might be involved to even out the cash. To get, you have to give. It's a tough trade to make but it might be worth it. Ghost can be replaced in the lineup by Morin right now with Alt and Myers down the road. Ghost would be a high octane additive for that Oiler offense with his puck moving and scoring ability.
                  "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by flyers19rw View Post
                    Edmonton is in a win now position. If they were going to move RNH, it would be for a veteran defenseman not a project. Provorov isn't being traded. That means one of Gudas, AMac, Manning or Gostisbehere. My guess is that Ghost would be the guy. Other lesser players might be involved to even out the cash. To get, you have to give. It's a tough trade to make but it might be worth it. Ghost can be replaced in the lineup by Morin right now with Alt and Myers down the road. Ghost would be a high octane additive for that Oiler offense with his puck moving and scoring ability.
                    Really? They play the same position but if you believe Morin can replace Ghost you probably also think that a bycicle is an adequate replacement for a spaceshuttle.Right?

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by starsucker View Post

                      Really? They play the same position but if you believe Morin can replace Ghost you probably also think that a bycicle is an adequate replacement for a spaceshuttle.Right?
                      I think he was just referring to taking Ghost's spot on the defence. We all know that they play very different styles of defence.

                      Regarding trades, you got to give the Devils credit for not sitting on the great start that they have had. Acquiring Vatanen will make their PP and backend a more difficult team to defend against.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X