No announcement yet.

Eklund says Oilers discussing RNH with Flyers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No interest in this whatsoever. RNH makes $6m a year for 3 years more years beyond this year. He's just not earning that contract. He showed flashes early on in his career, which is why he got the contract, and maybe a change of scenery does him well... but given the ask would be a top D man, I just don't have interest in him.

That said, where is this notion that the Oilers are in "win now" coming from? They finally made the playoffs once and now it's "win now?" They have a window that has just opened, and it's not about to slam shut by any means. Oh, and they're 29th in the league, lol. Teams that are in "win now" aren't usually 29th in the league.

Comment

Garbage...

Comment

trading for RNH would seem to be the antithesis of what Hextall has preached..i think he'd rather see these prospect actually turn into bonafide solid , if not spectacular, players...think about it...If Sanheim, Hagg, Morin all turn into above average even outstanding players down the road...imagine what one, or two of them would net in a trade..right now none have that kind of value..naturally the hope is that they ALL become important pieces...

Comment

trading for RNH would be acquiring a more expensive, less productive Schenn.

That's not a good way of using our assets.

Comment

I also thought I remembered a Hextall mantra of "building from the net out"? While the defense seems to be coming along, the goaltending is certainly not there yet so it would seem, to me at least, that any efforts to try to fill in gaps at forward now would be premature for such a "net out" philosophy if it's still being followed.

Comment

Originally posted by AIK1891 View Post
              I also thought I remembered a Hextall mantra of "building from the net out"? While the defense seems to be coming along, the goaltending is certainly not there yet so it would seem, to me at least, that any efforts to try to fill in gaps at forward now would be premature for such a "net out" philosophy if it's still being followed.
              i think this is why he is drafting a goalie in every draft..like a QB...finding a franchise goalie is the hardest thing to secure, therefore the bigger the pipleline, the greater the chance. Ron Wolf, when he was the Packers GM said that he would draft a QB in every single draft, simple because it was the hardest position to hit on

Comment

Hart is doing very well and hopefully will at least be the back up on the Flyers next season.

Comment

You honestly believe Hart will make the jump from the WHL straight to the NHL? I think he would be better served kicking *** and playing games in the AHL than sitting on the bench in the NHL. Not to mention it would be a huge adjustment. I can't personally think of many goalies who have made that leap from junior straight to the NHL.

Comment

The way Hextall has managed pretty much all of his other prospects (not named Provorov), there is NO chance Hart or Sandstrom make the jump to the NHL without spending a year (minimum) in the AHL.

Comment

Or Patrick...So there's a chance.
                      "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Working...
                      X