X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Provorov get suspended?

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/...it-to-the-head

Good for him lol.
    Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

How else does Provorov hit him there? Marchand is crouching down, Provorov's foot is firmly on the ice as he glides into the hit and he is aiming low.

If that's a suspension or even a fine, I don't know what to say.

Comment

They will construe it as a hit to the head and Mr. Awsome was in a vulnerable position.
      Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Marchand is a bag of puss. Head contact sure...likely a game just because but it's super hard to not take that hit...
        Last edited by irvdog; 12-02-2017, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Marchand. FFS.

Comment

Both skates on ice, elbow against body, other guy with puck, wearing orange jersey, 10 games

Comment

I don't think it will get anything. In this case, reverse-reputation helps. It's not that Marchand faked it or just really sold it; it's just he's done enough dirty play in his time that the guys bringing down justice can't help to say in the back of their minds "God damn you deserved that". Add to that the fact that Provorov isn't exactly an agitator, and every replay shows his arm tucked against his body. I know it sounds somewhat cliche, but it was really more like Marchand's head happened to come into contact with Provorov more than the other way around.

Since The Colon stepped down, I really don't feel like there's been any extra scrutiny on the Flyers more than any other team. It's definitely become more specific to the guys who are "repeat offenders" AKA, Radko Gudas. So again, Provorov not being a high PIM, fringe d-man agitator; I think they cut him a lot of slack here. If they don't, then F you NHL! Get off the flyers backs already!
              "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

The fact this is even an issue is why the game sucks now. Hardly worth watching anymore.

Comment

Meh the game is fine. It's fast and skilled when it's played right. We haven't played right for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                  X