10 straight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post

Stop making this about Lavy vs Stevens. We get it. You loved Stevens and hated Lavy.

It's about the coaching selections this team has made. Frankly, it hasn't been very impressive including or excluding Lavy.

And whether you like it or not, Lavy went the furthest and ironically was the only one with NHL experience...

Maybe they should stop trying to outsmart the rest of the league and simply go with a guy who has a track record.
    At some point you have to own the things you got wrong.

It's not about Stevens v. Lavy...It's about your claim and the lack of support you provide..

At best your argument is Lavy was able to go to the finals when Stevens spotted him 25 Games and 13 wins. If you're wondering, Lavy posted 28 wins in 57 games that year.

But let's keep going...

Stevens took over the worst Flyers team ever from one of these great experienced coaches you laud (Hitchcock). The only season Stevens didn't make the playoffs in Philly was that season.

Meanwhile after Lavy's midseason take over run to the finals...he did what? Lost in second round, lost in second round, DNQ, fired.

So again..other than the split season...what was great about Lavy?

Hitchcock? 2nd round, ECF, first round, fired.

Truth be told the experience level of the coach doesn't seem to mean as much as the quality of the roster.

This roster sucks..And it's been meh for a while..
    Last edited by Rev_Bully; 12-04-2017, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EDMFLYERSFAN View Post
      Both the players and coach are accountable, but lets not kid ourselves here Hakstol is no Babcock or Bowman; and he's in over his head right now and/or the team has tuned him out.
      How many coaches does this core group get to "tune out" before the core is sent packing? It can't always be the coach. I'm not defending Hak here but just saying that either the club has the worst record of hiring coaches in the history of sports or it's this core group of players.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

Weird because Stevens took the team to the ECFs...was fired, with a winning record, midway thru the year they went to the finals.

Remind me, besides taking Stevens' team to the finals...what did Lavy do exactly?

He did say Giroux was better than Crosby, did completely mishandled Bob..

Looking for the great Lavy successes people seem to think existed..not coming up with many that don't involve that split year

..this roster sucks and a new coach doesn't change it..

Stevens coached the phantoms and had a great relationship with the players

Comment

Originally posted by joehockey View Post

How many coaches does this core group get to "tune out" before the core is sent packing? It can't always be the coach. I'm not defending Hak here but just saying that either the club has the worst record of hiring coaches in the history of sports or it's this core group of players.
          Outside of Simmonds I thought the core was one of the only reasons this team was winning games. It's the middle six that is losing us games. We basically have a really good line 1 and line 4 and a absolutely terrible line 2,3.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder

Outside of Simmonds I thought the core was one of the only reasons this team was winning games. It's the middle six that is losing us games. We basically have a really good line 1 and line 4 and a absolutely terrible line 2,3.
            This season. How did Giroux/Voracek look the last two seasons?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Giroux looked bad and was injured the last two seasons. Voracek was the team leading scorer last year (and team whipping boy). The year before was terrible. The year before that he was lights out amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder
                Giroux looked bad and was injured the last two seasons. Voracek was the team leading scorer last year (and team whipping boy). The year before was terrible. The year before that he was lights out amazing.
                ??? Voracek team whipping boy..nah.

Folks might have felt 8.2m should generate significantly more points than the 6 points he had over Schenn...who was actually the whipping boy (because power play points don't mean as much)...but Voracek and Giroux have never been whipping boys.

Comment

I hear people complain about G all the time, until this year at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Niittyzus
                    I hear people complain about G all the time, until this year at least.
                    And the complaints are routinely shot down with regard to Giroux.

He's rarely the 'reason' for a bad stretch and in years past when beats would question Giroux's effort they would get destroyed on social media and the radio..

Comment

So do we call this the longest Flyers losing streak ever now? I can't find one longer than 9 games. The team's media guide says longest losing streak was 9 (2006), longest winless streak was 12 (1999).

Comment

Working...
                      X