Patience ... this will pay off ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
    As i mentioned in another thread, why doesnt anyone call out the on ice leaders?
    I brought this exact point up last year...Hakstol is only holding the young guys accountable and not any valuable vets. That is the quickest way to lose the room and that may have already happened!

Comment

Originally posted by behn3 View Post

I brought this exact point up last year...Hakstol is only holding the young guys accountable and not any valuable vets. That is the quickest way to lose the room and that may have already happened!
      Oh it's happened. Room lost. Season lost.

Comment

Originally posted by irvdog View Post
        Really. Are we that franchise. Another 3 or 4 yrs of drafting first a la EDM

FFS

you wouldn't want to be Edmonton right now?

I'd much rather be doormat level shit for 2 or 3 years, and world class for 10 than mediocre for 10 years, with occasional competitive and dreadful seasons sprinkled in.

Comment

Originally posted by jec6 View Post

I'd much rather be doormat level shit for 2 or 3 years, and world class for 10 than mediocre for 10 years, with occasional competitive and dreadful seasons sprinkled in.
          EDM are in a bad spot right now. So no I don't want to be EDM right now....and that is the pt. They laid eggs for years, sold hope not hockey, had one decent year after years of misery and might well be back into a good draft spot again this year due toi missing the playoffs AGAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by jec6 View Post

And the reality is EDM was garbage for many years....not two or three as have the Flyers. And not often do they remain top of class for 10 yrs. So what you are selling is something noone should be buying.

Comment

I'm in my second fall of living in Brigantine after four years of living in Florida, and this already feel like the fifth or sixth year in a row that I found myself already looking at draft rankings before December because the Flyers were so far down in the standings to likely warrant a top pick. (Even the few recent seasons they made the playoffs seemed to be a result of rebounding from poor early-season starts to a late-season playoff position).

At least when I was in Florida I consoled myself with thoughts such as "[w]ell, at least they're only bad while I'm away and should be good again by the time I get back." So I thought they were 1-3 years away three years ago ... and now, three years later, find myself thinking that the team is actually even 3-4 years away.

Comment

Originally posted by AIK1891 View Post
                I'm in my second fall of living in Brigantine after four years of living in Florida, and this already feel like the fifth or sixth year in a row that I found myself already looking at draft rankings before December because the Flyers were so far down in the standings to likely warrant a top pick. (Even the few recent seasons they made the playoffs seemed to be a result of rebounding from poor early-season starts to a late-season playoff position).

At least when I was in Florida I consoled myself with thoughts such as "[w]ell, at least they're only bad while I'm away and should be good again by the time I get back." So I thought they were 1-3 years away three years ago ... and now, three years later, find myself thinking that the team is actually even 3-4 years away.
                Yeah that is the concern for me, 7,8,9 or 10 yrs of rebooot to get a 1,2 or 3 yr run....yuk.

Comment

Originally posted by irvdog View Post

Well that would be Hakstol's job. And if he hasn't called it out or hasn't benched or cut a players ice....one might think he feels the on ice efforts are acceptable. If this is not the case we have a coach who has trouble addressing issues. Either way it appears the coach isn't coaching. I think he is over his head and I think it is apparent when you watch his public facing behaviour.
                  The issue has been the same for a decade. We fired Stevens, midseason with a winning record, it's the year the team went to the finals. Traded Richards and Carter for Schenn, Simmonds, Jake and Couturier. We fired Lavy, largely because his team didn't pick up enough losers points in OT and missed the playoffs...we fired Berube...now we want to fire Hakstol.

But we don't want to address the problems. Problems that have followed this team thru 4 coaches and a variety of players.

Giroux is not what fans and ridiculously myopic stars make him out to be...and he's been a constant in the lackadaisical effort of the club through the last 3 coaches. Jake is a severely overpaid one dimensional talent. Simmonds is slowly destroying himself..And Couturier...6 years later is relevant as more than a 3rd liner. Schenn...ha, ha, ha..Schenn. How many people were wrong about Schenn, show of hands?

The last attempt to rebuild the club failed. Admit it. The remaining usable, build around pieces are Simmonds and Couturier. If you can't admit that it makes shrieking about the coach silly.

You can't motivate guys who've spent their careers being protected...Giroux has avoided scrutiny for years and reporters and fans who tried for skewered for trying. Maybe they were right.

​​​​​The guys on the ice need to play better for themselves. For their paychecks. Stop making it someone else's responsibility. They suck
                  Last edited by Rev_Bully; 12-03-2017, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Rev. Not really arguing with you. I am ok with trading g and or Jake and anyone that gets the forwards alinged with the young d core. But there needs to be a trade or a firing that sends a message To the group that the current isn't acceptable. I don't put this totally on Hak but in reality you can't trade all the players for obvious reasons.....but you had better deal someone if you are pleased with the coaching....Cuz it ain't getting done under current structure.

Comment

Players make the coach look good and players make the coach look awfully bad....right now the players are not playing good hockey why? Maybe players dont like playing for this coach? Obviously there is something wrong with this team we can all see it but what if itís a locker room issue ? Imo the biggest mistake was hiring an inexperienced coach for a rebuilding teams.

Comment

Working...
                      X