No announcement yet.

Patience ... this will pay off ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too bad we didn't try and grab Sergachev from Montreal before the Drouin trade. Sergachev and Provorov
    Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

I would look to trade voracek and simmonds, each for a top-ten 1st, a blue-chip prospect, and spare change. Don't mind at all if we have to take salary back for a couple years to make it work, that will grease the trade wheels. Also dont mind trading Gudas or McDonald in a package deal to get something done.

Provorov/Sanheim/Ghost/Couts/Patrick/Lindblom/Konecny/Hart/Sandstrom/Laughton + is your core, with Giroux being there for continuity and because I dont think he wants to leave at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post
        Too bad we didn't try and grab Sergachev from Montreal before the Drouin trade. Sergachev and Provorov
        Who's the Drouin quality player you're sending to Montreal?

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

Who's the Drouin quality player you're sending to Montreal?
          Giroux. Given the choice, I would wager that Bergevin would rather take G.
          Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Giroux has an NMC and is pushing 30. Not really Drouin comparable.

Comment

Giroux may have jumped at the chance to compete with Weber and Price in Montreal. I doubt the NMC would come into play. Montreal has around 9 million in cap space even after adding Drouin. I think something could have been done or still could but I doubt Montreal has the assets now to make a deal.

Comment

you really think G would waive for montreal? Another reason to keep him, an NTC means less suitors, means less of a return.

Comment

Listening to some of the talking heads on sports radio...there is no way the fans would look at Drouin and Giroux as equals. The age difference being the main reason (as well as how the two players were trending prior to this season).

Comment

Yup not a chance Montreal takes that offer. We would have had to trade our 2 overall pick plus something I would venture to make that trade happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X