• Show
Clear All

Lots of jump out of the team so far.

Comment

cue up Aerosmith: "Same old story, same old song and dance my friends..."

Comment

Fudge me...they cannot compete.

Comment

What is this strange feeling that I'm feeling?

Comment

Originally posted by dogzus View Post
            What is this strange feeling that I'm feeling?
            it’s called ‘happiness’.

Comment

good win, finally some secondary scoring..but I still think Jake needs to sit...in fact, I'm not opposed to trading him..when we got him, wasn't the knock on him that he could be lazy at times? I don't know what we could get for Jake with his cap number..but the top line, even though they didn't score looked much more animated and dangerous with Simmonds on it...

Comment

I have heard people saying that Jake can't be traded...but i'm not buying. I understand he's making more than 8M/yr, but when he's playing with passion, he's a player who can dominate the puck and help a team succeed. Maybe we'd need to retain a little of his salary to make this work...but i think he has value and should bring back a decent return.

BTW...what are your thoughts on the Hamonic-Weise hit? I kind of thought it was a nice hit and didn't deserve any penalty.
                Last edited by lynchmob450; 12-05-2017, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Didn't he hit his Jaw/Head? that is going to be automatic

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
                    BTW...what are your thoughts on the Hamonic-Weise hit? I kind of thought it was a nice hit and didn't deserve any penalty.
                    I think if the Provorov/Marchand hit was a penalty, then that Hamonic/Weise was one too.

That said, I think neither are penalties because the forward making the hit was crouched low without their head up to avoid contact.

Comment

Good to finally get a win! They attacked the net well in this one and won more puck battles than I've seen in awhile. Still gave up too many chances, but I'll take the victory.

I thought the Hamonic hit was a pretty lame call. He didn't seem to be targeting the head and the movement of the two players just resulted in the contact being there. Personally, I don't even think it was a penalty.

To Pit's point, the Provorov hit on Marchand shouldn't have been a call either. Marchand leaned forward into Provorov as he was standing him up in the neutral zone. That's on him.
                      Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

Working...
                      X