Game Day Threat: Flyers @ Flames

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyerdog View Post
    good win, finally some secondary scoring..but I still think Jake needs to sit...in fact, I'm not opposed to trading him..when we got him, wasn't the knock on him that he could be lazy at times? I don't know what we could get for Jake with his cap number..but the top line, even though they didn't score looked much more animated and dangerous with Simmonds on it...
    Are you actually serious? Jake was the reason we scored 3 of those goals last night and actually helped our second line drive play. He has been doing that all year if you look at his advanced metrics. I don't see how anyone can shit on Jake this year for driving the O. If you want to call him out for missing D assignments fine, but he creates far more than he gives away.

Comment

Also smart adjustment by Hack to go to a 1-2-2 formation to counter act the Johnny hockey stretch pass. Overall though we got dominated in possession by the flames and severely out shot. Hopefully we can stick it to the Oilers and their shitty goaltending tomorrow.

Comment

At this point losing would be the better option, on one side it gives us a chance at the next draft prize and on the other hand it would force a change in the management group, winning just prolongs this farce. Should start a www.Hextallmustgo.com webpage like Ogie did lol.
        Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post

Are you actually serious? Jake was the reason we scored 3 of those goals last night and actually helped our second line drive play. He has been doing that all year if you look at his advanced metrics. I don't see how anyone can shit on Jake this year for driving the O. If you want to call him out for missing D assignments fine, but he creates far more than he gives away.
          well, Raffl had two goals too......Jake (finally) had a good game...he made the second line look good, but is getting paid first line money. Again I don't know if we have a Mason situation with Jake, but of late his play has dipped and he has continually made lazy turnovers...missed passes, puck mishandles..poor puck decisions...

I just think we overvalued him and if , as you say, his metrics are high, he could bring back some great assets in a trade. Hopefully he keeps playing well, and we can trade him on an upswing, then someone else will overpay for our castoffs instead of the other way 'round.

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234
            At this point losing would be the better option, on one side it gives us a chance at the next draft prize and on the other hand it would force a change in the management group, winning just prolongs this farce. Should start a www.Hextallmustgo.com webpage like Ogie did lol.
            Evee what did you think was going to happen this year? You seem way over the top..

Hextall needs to be fired for what?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

I expected at the very least that this team would be semi competitive, not the garbage that has been going on this season. A one line team is what we have become with pretty much junk behind that line with a couple exceptions. Hakstol is an idiot and out of his league literally. I guess after a long drought I am tired of watching the same result with different approaches. If I thought Hextall was going to be THIS fricken gun shy about making meaningful changes I would have stopped watching at the beginning of this season. There is being patient and then there is being patiently stupid, Hextall has his head buried in the sand and I don't see a future in this group aside from a very long term one and even that may be missed. It's a hard trophy to win, so we stick with the status quo with a Coach who is probably hurting the long term compete level of this club by showing them losing is easy and has no ramifications. Doing nothing is not the answer, doing a presser which basically tells the fans to go **** themselves also doesn't help the mood.

I understand that Bobby ****ed up by trading away all the youth, I also think Hextall's hoarding approach is incorrect, one extreme to the other, where is the balance????!!!! Hextall has this "It's my way only and everyone else can go **** themselves" mentality that is going to hurt this teams progression long term if losing becomes the norm. The players say the same things, have to try harder, don't understand why it's not working, blah blah blah. This team is filled with guys who have no qualms about losing and losing meekly. Six ****ing shutouts in 26 games? The games I have watched show a lot of the same shit, perimeter players who aim for the crest on the goalies jersey. No legit shooters, no one can one time a puck, a lot of pretty passing that results in **** all, etc. etc.

I am almost to the point of getting a Vegas Jersey, they will probably win one before us anyway. Better management and coaching already lol. I am all for trading Giroux, Jake, Simmonds, etc and taking the picks/prospects that come from those moves. At least it will finally stop the half pregnant approach, either we are rebuilding completely or we are competing. We don't need G or Jake for the first option.

I don't see this club winning anything for a long, long time. By the time the youth is ready, G and Jake will be over the hill. We will likely have a solid defense core, but will then have to address the forwards. How? Only way I see is for them to do it through the draft and use the returns we might get for moving a few high priced assets.

Frustrated? Yeah. Fed up? Completely. We have effectively gone from one extreme to the other. Went from trading all our youth to not trading any and the one trade Hextall did resulted in St Louis getting a very nice player who is doing very very well now that he's away from this cesspool.
              Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Working...
              X