No announcement yet.

Good article on Hextall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah really cranky lol. I watch a lot of other teams games and I see quite a big difference to what we put on the ice every game. Frustration is growing because of a lack of fire or passion on this club. It's like they don't really care. Take Teows in Chicago, captain, leader, always has a look of compete on his face. You don't see him float around the ice around the perimeter when he's out there, he's 100% balls to the wall, and they have three Cups now. BIG difference to the type of players we currently have. It's like the Org stifles that kind of thing. Having watched the Bobby years and his complete wasting of the Lindros era for his refusal to get a decent goalie has me on edge because we are doing much of the same thing. Hoarding picks and not giving G a team to play with. So if we are doing that, why keep those three? Doesn't make sense. Hextall's already showed he doesn't give a rats *** about the fans anger while he does his rebuild so why hang onto these guys? Move them for a good return and play the kids and the current crop of veterans on their way out to end the season. It would help his long term goal by adding assets and giving us the win loss record that results in a better pick.

Instead what do we get? A whole lot of nothing and a presser in support of the Coach.
    Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Evee, the Giroux era is over.

He got his shot when they traded Richards and Carter.

At 30 in January, now is not the time to build for Claude Giroux.

Hextall recognizing that is a great thing.

And you can't argue they didn't try to make it work for Giroux. He had Laviolette, they chased Weber, signed Bryzgalov. They did a lot...that at the time fans and pundits embraced as going for the best available in areas of need.

It didn't all work out. It never does for any team.

Comment

So trade him then. Montreal I am sure would have loved to get him and we would have loved to grab Sergachev even straight up, one for one. Keeping him makes no sense in your scenario.
        Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post
          So trade him then. Montreal I am sure would have loved to get him and we would have loved to grab Sergachev even straight up, one for one. Keeping him makes no sense in your scenario.
          Why does it make no sense to keep him? Giroux's the kind of player that can be a serviceable or better 3rd liner into this mid 30s..he's playing well currently

and right now his cap hit isn't killing the cap. If you trade someone, trade Voracek.

I would play Giroux on Patrick's wing and let him be a mentor...

Comment

So trade Jake and Simmonds then.

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234
              So trade Jake and Simmonds then.
              I'd trade Jake. No rush to trade Simmonds, great cap hit. I'd play him with Konecny and Couturier.

Id move Simmonds at the deadline if I could get a kings ransom for him

Voracek is the only guy I move now.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Hakstol will become a decent coach in 3-5 years

Comment

Action for the sake of action is exactly what we didn't like about Clarke and Holmgren.

I think Hextall screwed up playing Konecny last year..but the fanbase wanted that. I look at Barzal and wonder what that last year in Juniors would have done for TKs development...

I think he's been too hesitant with the blueline...Gudas having a spot on the roster with his "issues" over having a kid up..bugs me..bugged me when they have him 4 years (like Weise).

Hextall isn't perfect but this team in four years has more depth than it's had since the 80s...that's inspiring.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm ok with patience, but why in the Hell is Morin in the AHL and Alt and Manning playing regularly. I think they're mishandling Morin, and we're going to end up losing him.

Comment

Originally posted by alxhj View Post
                      I'm ok with patience, but why in the Hell is Morin in the AHL and Alt and Manning playing regularly. I think they're mishandling Morin, and we're going to end up losing him.
                      Morin is hurt.

Comment

Working...
                      X