Seattle in 20-21?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle in 20-21?

Word out of BOG meeting is Seattle will move ahead with ticket drive like Vegas..

Petition to expand league will be made.

Potential new team in place for 20-21.

Bettman didn't rule our relocation but stated interest in balancing conferences. No word on Quebec.

G and Jake will still be under contract for that Xpansion draft... Gudas and MacD expire before season.

The things Hex and company have to weigh that we don't think much about.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Looks like the expansion fee for Seattle is $650 million. Wasn't Vegas only $500M? If that expansion draft is summer of 2020 that will be an interesting protection list for us. 7F 3D 1G or 8F 1G.

Do the Flyers go the 8 skater route:

Giroux (NMC)
    Konecny
    Couturier
    Sanheim
    Provorov
    Ghostisbeare
    Morin/Hagg/Simmonds (2 of)

Comment

One of my favorite hockey trivia questions... what US city was the first to have a team play form the Cup, yup Seattle. They lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post
        Looks like the expansion fee for Seattle is $650 million. Wasn't Vegas only $500M? If that expansion draft is summer of 2020 that will be an interesting protection list for us. 7F 3D 1G or 8F 1G.

Do the Flyers go the 8 skater route:

Giroux (NMC)
        Konecny
        Couturier
        Sanheim
        Provorov
        Ghostisbeare
        Morin/Hagg/Simmonds (2 of)

Would Patrick be exempt by the Vegas rules?

Does Giroux waive with a side deal not to select him?

Comment

Yup I think the prospect rule was: "All players with less than three years of professional experience are automatically exempt."

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
            Word out of BOG meeting is Seattle will move ahead with ticket drive like Vegas..

Petition to expand league will be made.

Potential new team in place for 20-21.

Bettman didn't rule our relocation but stated interest in balancing conferences. No word on Quebec.

G and Jake will still be under contract for that Xpansion draft... Gudas and MacD expire before season.

The things Hex and company have to weigh that we don't think much about.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
            You know what I find interesting, is the crap attendance among numerous teams. This includes everyone from the south, east coast and some Canadian clubs. It feels like every time I tune into a game, tons of empty seats everywhere.

I don't ever remember it being like this before, but maybe more traditional markets such as Philly, Detroit, Vancouver etc are just going through a dark period. Maybe it's me, but it feels like lots of people are staying home.

I'm sure the NHL will tell us that the teams are playing at 98% capacity, but the pictures don't lie...

Comment

For me personally, it's the constantly rising costs. I used to be able to get nose bleed tickets, parking, some nachos and 2 beers for under $50. Now, the cheapest price for the worst seat, is $53.50 thanks to all the stupid miscellaneous fees. Parking is (or was 4 years ago) $20.00; a beer was I think 6.50 then, and nachos were 4.00. With those prices, just going to the Leafs game on Tuesday would cost me a minimum of $90.50, and that doesn't include the drive down and back and frustration of dealing with the crowds.

It may seem like nothing to all the corporate execs with boxes, and even the hundreds of seats that are bought and given away/sold as promotions at a discount, but for a single person who is just inside what could be considered middle class; that is just entirely too much. Keep in mind too, this is just for one person, and in the worst seat in the arena!

So to answer your statement Axe, you're right; people are staying home! But it's not because of choice, it's because of economical reality
              "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

sorry if the above post derailed the topic a bit. Regarding Seattle though; at this point, if there's a group of people willing to put up the money to get in and they're confident they can make it work; then good for them. Seattle definitely has a leg up being out west since balancing the conferences would happen without any re-alignment.
                "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

Originally posted by smkruzik View Post
                  For me personally, it's the constantly rising costs. I used to be able to get nose bleed tickets, parking, some nachos and 2 beers for under $50. Now, the cheapest price for the worst seat, is $53.50 thanks to all the stupid miscellaneous fees. Parking is (or was 4 years ago) $20.00; a beer was I think 6.50 then, and nachos were 4.00. With those prices, just going to the Leafs game on Tuesday would cost me a minimum of $90.50, and that doesn't include the drive down and back and frustration of dealing with the crowds.

It may seem like nothing to all the corporate execs with boxes, and even the hundreds of seats that are bought and given away/sold as promotions at a discount, but for a single person who is just inside what could be considered middle class; that is just entirely too much. Keep in mind too, this is just for one person, and in the worst seat in the arena!

So to answer your statement Axe, you're right; people are staying home! But it's not because of choice, it's because of economical reality
                  you nailed it...i used to go to one game a year at the Boston Garden when the Flyers were in town...now the 300 section seats are well over $200..add in sundry expenses and you are looking at $300 easily...simply cannot justify that expense anymore

Comment

Originally posted by flyerdog View Post

you nailed it...i used to go to one game a year at the Boston Garden when the Flyers were in town...now the 300 section seats are well over $200..add in sundry expenses and you are looking at $300 easily...simply cannot justify that expense anymore
                    Yup this is 100% the issue. With the economy in a roller coaster I think people are being a little more tight with their money as well. Was shocked last night to see so many empty seats in Vancouver. Buddy in Calgary said when he went to a game with his son the arena was giving his son free popcorn, pop, toys and he mentioned the Flames are doing a lot of different promotions now to get people in the door. Hopefully this is a good thing and the teams realize they need to make the games a little more affordable.

Comment

Working...
                    X