X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Flyers @ Coyotes

8:00 PM EST

The Coyotes are DFL in the NHL.

This is the Flyers record so far this season against the bottom two teams in each division.

Ottowa 0-1-1
    Buffalo 2-1

Columbus 0-0-1
    NYR 0-1

Colorado 0-0-1
    Chicago 1-1

Vancouver 1-1
    Arizona 0-0-1

Total 4-5-4

If you are consoling yourself with the belief that they rise to the occasion against the best teams, have a look at this. (I held that belief until I compiled these numbers.)

Flyers record so far this season against top two teams in each division

Tampa 1-1
    Boston 0-1

Washington 2-1
    Pittsburgh 0-1-1

Nashville 0-2
    Winnipeg 0-0-1

Vegas -
    LA 0-2

Total 3-8-2

Both of these trends need to get better. Solution: Win against both the Coyotes and Vegas.

Make it so!

Originally posted by dogzus View Post
    8:00 PM EST

If you are consoling yourself with the belief that they rise to the occasion against the best teams, have a look at this. (I held that belief until I compiled these numbers.)
    To be fair, for example, St. Louis was indeed in 1st or 2nd place at the time we played them. 2-0

Comment

Yeah the last time I pulled the numbers the contrast was true. They were winning against better teams.

But perhaps getting beat by the Flyers exposed those teams as frauds!

What this does say is that the Flyers are feasting on the middle four teams of each division, 19-6-2.

Comment

Once again. Enough. Barely.

Says something to me that seven Flyers appeared in the shootout and Simmonds wasn't one of them. He used to be a given for first three. JJ remarked that Simmonds has not been fully healthy all year so you have to wonder just what is lingering.

Neuvy tomorrow one presumes. Coming in cold and stoning everyone in the shootout will do good things for his confidence against Vegas, one hopes.

And yes, I drank when Rinaldo scored.

Comment

Originally posted by dogzus View Post
          Once again. Enough. Barely.

Says something to me that seven Flyers appeared in the shootout and Simmonds wasn't one of them. He used to be a given for first three. JJ remarked that Simmonds has not been fully healthy all year so you have to wonder just what is lingering.

Neuvy tomorrow one presumes. Coming in cold and stoning everyone in the shootout will do good things for his confidence against Vegas, one hopes.

And yes, I drank when Rinaldo scored.
          I think he is not 100% but FFS if you can dress you can do the shootout. I think it's Hak's dumb decision making.. .

Comment

So WTH happened to Elliot? Was it the stick in the neck or something else?
            "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by Hattrix View Post
              So WTH happened to Elliot? Was it the stick in the neck or something else?
              Looked to me like the toe of the stick may have got him on the collar bone

Comment

I remember a friend of mine, playing catcher, went down to block a ball in the dirt. It bounce up in a weird angle and caught him on the side of the neck. It hit just the right spot to, maybe, cut off blood flow for a sec. He got dizzy and fell over and was a little out of it for a while. But he was fine within the hour.

I thought maybe Elliot got hit like that.
                "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

I just read that Hexy said that Elliot has a lower-body injury. ..... Great ... just F ing great.

Comment

Was there any explanation during the broadcast why the Flyers were called for icing with Konecny clearly ahead of any Coyote. I think this happened twice.I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X