Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The saga continues - Sanheim back up

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/otf-...delphia-flyers

I mean. They aint calling him up to NOT play him right?

has Oduya even played yet?

Comment

Yes, he came in when Amac went down.

Comment

haag out for 2 weeks per meltzer. Sanheim in
        "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

looked pretty good! he's excellent in the neutral zone and offensive zone, just his own zone that i'm still waiting to see what he's learned.

this game he broke up so many plays in the neutral zone he never had to defend

Comment

Let's hope he sticks around this time!

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post
              Let's hope he sticks around this time!
              If he keeps playing the way he did yesterday, he absolutely should. He was outstanding in all three zones and looked extremely confident. With everyone healthy, no doubt he should be playing over Manning AND Gudas. That third pairing is one of our biggest issues (maybe THE biggest) and upgrading it from within for the stretch run/playoffs would be great. Heck, when healthy I'd like to see what Oduya/Sanheim can do together. Nice veteran/rookie pairing. Neither Manning nor Gudas has played well this season...I cringe whenever they're on the ice.
              Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Barr View Post

If he keeps playing the way he did yesterday, he absolutely should. He was outstanding in all three zones and looked extremely confident. With everyone healthy, no doubt he should be playing over Manning AND Gudas. That third pairing is one of our biggest issues (maybe THE biggest) and upgrading it from within for the stretch run/playoffs would be great. Heck, when healthy I'd like to see what Oduya/Sanheim can do together. Nice veteran/rookie pairing. Neither Manning nor Gudas has played well this season...I cringe whenever they're on the ice.
                Unfortunately it seems that Gudas playing very close to the line (and occasionally going over) is what made him a good 2nd pairing guy. Sit back, safe Gudas is a mediocre 3rd pairing guy.
                "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post

Unfortunately it seems that Gudas playing very close to the line (and occasionally going over) is what made him a good 2nd pairing guy. Sit back, safe Gudas is a mediocre 3rd pairing guy.
                  I mention this to simply remind folks that he is one of very few Flyers that bring that edge...I know the 80s are over but I still see space for the resident idiot.

Comment

Thats a good point Elab, definitely the suspensions could be affecting his play. Maybe thats why he seems so ineffectual this year. If so, he just has to relearn where the line is for him. It can take a while to retrain your brain! I dont think what made successful past two years was the violence as much as his ability to attack the 50/50 pucks so effectively... he definitely was never good at containing a play, he had a good sense of when to attack the puck carrier and usually it would work out. You can do that without getting suspensions.

Comment

Working...
                    X