Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently no Flyer lineup changes for Game 2...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alxhj View Post
    I guess I saw a different Lehtera, but he left guys open right in front of the net on 3 goals. Nobody was all that good on defense, especially Gudas. Sorry, but the 4th line didn't impress me at all. Yes, I would definitely like to see at least two of the three of those guys in there, and Lehtera and Read out! Leier and/or Weal adds speed Lehtera lacks,. Wiese brings a better physical presence than Read, he could plant himself in front of Murray and be a good distraction.
    Explain to me how he was -1 on the night while leaving a guy open for 3 goals against? Pitts only scored 1 pp goal so it is impossible he was the root cause of 3 goals against. Know who was -4 on the night? Giroux, Couts and Gostisbehere. Lets not talk about how our best players weren't our best players Wednesday night though.

Comment

While we are at it lets break down all 7 goals:

1) Giroux/Couts/Raffl/Gostisbere/Provorov loss of coverage, crappy rebound by Elliott.
      2) Same guys on, Couts can't clear the zone and gives the puck away.
      3) Oh shit same guys again (Patrick for Raffl though), giveaway to Malkin in O zone, he goes end to end around all our elite guys and back hands a floater past Elliott.
      4) PP goal tick tack toe loss of coverage from Gudas. Filp, Read, Gudas and Provo on ice.
      5) Tip in goal by Crosby. Filppula was man to man on him, Crosby just does Crosby things. On ice: Filp, Simmonds, MacDonald, Gostisbere, Konecny.
      6) Crosby side of net goal. Only goal with Lehtera on the ice, and is checking the half boards (no where near the net). On ice: Laughton, Lehtera, Read, Manning, Gudas. Manning and Gudas to blame for both covering same guy.
      7) Crosby hat trick goal. Once again top F line out there. G, Couts, Raffl, with Gudas and Manning. Once again Crosby doing Crosby things.

Always nice to pick scapegoats but the reality is this game was on our top line, Gostisbehere and Gudas and Manning. Also had Laughton scored on that beautiful feed from Lehtera to tie the game early this could have been a totally different game.

Comment

I'm feeling okay about game 2. Still they are the better club, but its not gonna be 7-0 again. The problem with changing the goaltender is that the rest are just as much of a question mark as Elliott.

If neuvy is healthy, I play him tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post

Explain to me how he was -1 on the night while leaving a guy open for 3 goals against? Pitts only scored 1 pp goal so it is impossible he was the root cause of 3 goals against. Know who was -4 on the night? Giroux, Couts and Gostisbehere. Lets not talk about how our best players weren't our best players Wednesday night though.
          Who's not talking about the best guys?Obviously by the score it was a collective sucky effort.

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
            I'm feeling okay about game 2. Still they are the better club, but its not gonna be 7-0 again. The problem with changing the goaltender is that the rest are just as much of a question mark as Elliott.

If neuvy is healthy, I play him tho.
            The problem with Nuevy is that he gets injured if someone creates a wind skating by him. Talk about fragile.

Comment

Hey, it's not the wind, it's the ice spray. Dangerous stuff.

Comment

So now what? Are we all dumb? Manning still had some scary plays but you can't do anything but hold steady at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by IceHokie View Post
                  So now what? Are we all dumb? Manning still had some scary plays but you can't do anything but hold steady at this point.
                  not dumb, just typical over-reacting crybaby philly fans one game is all they need to decide how good the gym, coach, and all the players are.

good job by hak to make a clear statement about elliott and stick with him. we need him to be at his peak to win imo. and pens had far less neutral zone speed this game, our gaps were much tighter.

still a huge task ahead of us to win this. the pks success tho gives me great hope though

Comment

Like I said. Stay the couse.

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post

the pks success tho gives me great hope though
                      This can't be talked about enough. They were fantastic tonight on the PK. Hoping that continues.

Comment

Working...
                      X