Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently no Flyer lineup changes for Game 2...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alxhj View Post

You may dislike Wiese but he has played well in playoff appearances for multiple teams, I'll take him over Read.
    7 pts in 16 games in one playoffs four years ago. 4 pts in his other 22 games. Seems more like he had one halfway decent playoffs, playing in front of vintage Carey Price. I'll take Read's responsible play.

I think you're falling into confirmation bias about Hakstol. The narrative is, he gives bad players ice time. So when Filp/Leht look okay.. then it just has to be Dale Wiese right? Cuz Hakstol has to make bad lineup decisions. He has to!

Comment

Yes, it is my opinion that he makes bad lineup decisions, and no, I'm not a big fan of Read, I don't find him particularly responsible. Hakstol's line combo's make my brain explode.

Comment

Biggest lineup issue is probably Raffl still on line 1 through 3 games. Raffl has 0 shots on goal this series. Konecny is flying around making on the tape passes to Filp and Simmonds, and again, Raffl has 0 shots on goal with Giroux and Couturier. Time to put Konecny back on line one.

Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
        Official Facebook
        Official Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by PinkFloydFreak87 View Post
          Biggest lineup issue is probably Raffl still on line 1 through 3 games. Raffl has 0 shots on goal this series. Konecny is flying around making on the tape passes to Filp and Simmonds, and again, Raffl has 0 shots on goal with Giroux and Couturier. Time to put Konecny back on line one.
          Couldn't agree more, and why is Simmonds being stuck with Filpula when he had developed chemistry with Patrick earlier this season? Too much overthinking and tinkering. Not every team in the playoffs is 4 lines deep.

Comment

Originally posted by alxhj View Post

Couldn't agree more, and why is Simmonds being stuck with Filpula when he had developed chemistry with Patrick earlier this season? Too much overthinking and tinkering. Not every team in the playoffs is 4 lines deep.
            Yeah, Voracek generally looks better on RW, and Simmonds only really works as RW, but I'd like to see Hak try this for the top 6 to start a game:

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
            Voracek-Patrick-Simmonds
            Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
            Official Facebook
            Official Twitter

Comment

Read is likely in the lineup for the PK more than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by PinkFloydFreak87 View Post

Yeah, Voracek generally looks better on RW, and Simmonds only really works as RW, but I'd like to see Hak try this for the top 6 to start a game:

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
                Voracek-Patrick-Simmonds
                Absolutely

Comment

Well, the changes are coming for Game 5. As per a few of the beats:

Wait for it.......................................Hagg is in for Sanheim, and Filppula goes to 1C.

You can't make this shit up.......

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post
                    Well, the changes are coming for Game 5. As per a few of the beats:

Wait for it.......................................Hagg is in for Sanheim, and Filppula goes to 1C.

You can't make this shit up.......
                    Tell me you're joking. Let me guess they're putting Elliot back in goal too?

Comment

Couturier skated this morning and is day to day making the trip to Pittsburgh. I HAVE to assume Filp was just a placeholder hoping Couturier will be back, but you never know with Hakstol. Another line was Lindblom-Patrick-Konecny, which I actually like.

I 100% expected Sanheim to be scratched for Hagg at some point before the series even began, but that doesn't make it any less infuriating. I'd be totally fine with cleaning house coaching staff wise this offseason.
                      Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
                      Official Facebook
                      Official Twitter

Comment

Working...
                      X