Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why canít this team play 60 minutes of quality hockey?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why canít this team play 60 minutes of quality hockey?

Bill Clement commented that the Penguins are so grounded and almost never panic, which he then said is a byproduct of good coaching. We simply cannot ignore the lack of quality 60-minute hockey from this Flyers team all year long, so my question is this:

How much of the Flyers panic mode comes from the individual players or the coaching staff?

Would love to hear comments on this topic.

Personally, I believe this panic mode starts with the players...BUT that the coaches are truly responsible for allowing this to continue to be something impacting this team. Coaches need to be able to pull back on the over-excitement or negative end of world thinking that can be present in their players. They need to be able to identify who has these tendencies and what would allow them be re-grounded.

At the end of the day, I feel our biggest issue is not goaltending or inexperience...but totally coaching. The gap we see in our series is greatest when it comes to coaching more than anything else.

Comment

Their long range fortitude is lacking

hackstool with his egotistical post game 2 proclamation and Gís. Doubters comments should have been tabled for after a series win
      ..."Hextall scored a goal in the empty net, and I don't know how he did it!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by behn3 View Post
        Bill Clement commented that the Penguins are so grounded and almost never panic, which he then said is a byproduct of good coaching. We simply cannot ignore the lack of quality 60-minute hockey from this Flyers team all year long, so my question is this:

How much of the Flyers panic mode comes from the individual players or the coaching staff?

Would love to hear comments on this topic.
        I think it's because the team is young, they haven't learned how to win yet, but they will.

Comment

We are reduced to having our braintrust.................

..."Hextall scored a goal in the empty net, and I don't know how he did it!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
            Personally, I believe this panic mode starts with the players...BUT that the coaches are truly responsible for allowing this to continue to be something impacting this team. Coaches need to be able to pull back on the over-excitement or negative end of world thinking that can be present in their players. They need to be able to identify who has these tendencies and what would allow them be re-grounded.

At the end of the day, I feel our biggest issue is not goaltending or inexperience...but totally coaching. The gap we see in our series is greatest when it comes to coaching more than anything else.
            I hate Hak more than people care to know, but man a lot of this has to fall on the players as well as our Elliott. Dude shit the bed yet again, and this embarrassing reputation of not having a true goalie dates back 20+ years.

Look at the collection of losers we've had: Elliott, Mrazekr, Neuvy, Biron, Bob, Boucher, Brzy, Cech, Emery, Esche, Hackett, JVB, Leighton, Mason, Nitty, Snow, Roussel, Soderstrom....I'm sure I've missed a few.

Yesterdays game was a classic example, all kinds of pressure from us and then a brutal first goal.

I'd also like to see 'shoot-first/sniper' top 6 guy as well. Our conversion rate has to be one of the worst in the league.

Lot's of issues with this team from scoring, defending, goaltending and coaching certainly doesn't help. Hak seems to compound everything with his thickhead approach and absolutely hating/loving guys for reasons many of us can't understand....

Comment

Did people expect Elliot to be the answer or something? Everyone knew he was a stopgap when he was signed yet here we are 9 months later and people are furious he's not Patrick Roy.

Comment

I don't think anyone expected him to be the answer, but we did expect some basic consistency. Personally, I would've kept Mason around for another 2-3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by IceHokie View Post
                  Did people expect Elliot to be the answer or something? Everyone knew he was a stopgap when he was signed yet here we are 9 months later and people are furious he's not Patrick Roy.
                  Patrick Roy?

He's looked like a Jr. B goalie. Let's not pretend we're upset he's not up for the Vezina. He's been embarrassing since coming back.
                  He can't make basic ****ing NHL saves....

Comment

Yes, goaltending has been poor for the most part this series, but it's not the only (or even main) reason why they're losing.

Comment

Working...
                    X