Some positives

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some positives

Couts played hurt and was still a monster the whole game, good experience for the younger guys, Simmonds really looked good and upped his trade value if they go that route. Some changes will happen this year I think as Hextall knows what hes got in certain players and the Coach. I am happy they did what they did in making the playoffs. I counted them out in December.
    Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

For all the flaws pointed out over and over (in many recent threads here) with the Flyers, they won a couple of games in this series and could have had a much better shot in a few others if things had gone just a bit better. They should be a better team next year by upgrading a few positions as contracts expire, and as the young guys grow into their potential.

Comment

Yes the future finally looks pretty good. I do like the direction on drafting but some changes are definitely needed.
      Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Nothing wrong with the Flyers a good enema couldn't cure. /season.

Comment

Pretty obvious who needs to go and who needs to stay. Who needs to be called up and who needs to bought out. Oh, what was the other thing? Oh, the coach needs to go.

Comment

Cooter is now legend. That is all.

Comment

I liked G's hit today on Hamelin. Best hit I've seen from a Flyer in years. And he had a 100+ point season. Just wish the team would have stuck up for him more this series. The guy took a lot of hits, which is to be expected, but do you think the 74 Flyers would have let Clarke take all those hits?

Couturier is also a beast. Torn MCL? Unreal. He was one of the few guys with a pulse. And I think with Provorov's injury today we saw how much was missing from his game, which demonstrates just how effective he normally is---all at what, 20 years old?

Comment

We didn't play a solid game against the two time Stanley Cup champs...and still went to 6 games (with an emotionless Droid as a coach). We will build on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Niittyzus View Post
                  I liked G's hit today on Hamelin. Best hit I've seen from a Flyer in years. And he had a 100+ point season. Just wish the team would have stuck up for him more this series. The guy took a lot of hits, which is to be expected, but do you think the 74 Flyers would have let Clarke take all those hits?
                  I hate comparing anything now to the 70s. The rules are different.

Comment

Originally posted by IceHokie View Post

I hate comparing anything now to the 70s. The rules are different.
                    Agreed, and I don't expect line brawls or anything, but it would be nice if they didn't wait until Game 5 to show so fight and emotion.

Comment

Working...
                    X