Give Couts an A

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give Couts an A

What a gutsy performance in game 6. He's grown as a player and a leader. He should get Filp's A.

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
    What a gutsy performance in game 6. He's grown as a player and a leader. He should get Filp's A.
    I know this will ruffle a few feathers, but I believe he should at least get an A, if not the C

Comment

Listen, everyone in the locker room respects G as the Captain. The dude put up over 100pts after a way down season and his performance over the last few weeks of the season was a YUGE reason they even made the playoffs. He laid a giant hit on a Pens player that knocked him out of the game and left him bloodied in an elimination game. I don't think effort is an issue here. Again, depth depth depth. When you have ONE line that is a scoring threat in the playoffs, good teams will hone in on them. The Pens have THREE lines that can score. So even if we shut Crosby down we would have had issues.

In their four losses, they scored 1 or less goals three times. Should G have been better? Sure, but I don't think he should have the C stripped from him. That's a good way to run him out of town, something the "fans" in this city have a propensity of doing.

With that said, Couts should definitely get an A moving forward and if he keeps his play up to this level, should be the C whenever G retires or leaves Philly.

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
        Uuuummmmm if you give it to Couts, that means Manning won't get it?! Sorry, that won't work....

Comment

Originally posted by Niittyzus View Post
          Listen, everyone in the locker room respects G as the Captain. The dude put up over 100pts after a way down season and his performance over the last few weeks of the season was a YUGE reason they even made the playoffs. He laid a giant hit on a Pens player that knocked him out of the game and left him bloodied in an elimination game. I don't think effort is an issue here. Again, depth depth depth. When you have ONE line that is a scoring threat in the playoffs, good teams will hone in on them. The Pens have THREE lines that can score. So even if we shut Crosby down we would have had issues.

In their four losses, they scored 1 or less goals three times. Should G have been better? Sure, but I don't think he should have the C stripped from him. That's a good way to run him out of town, something the "fans" in this city have a propensity of doing.

With that said, Couts should definitely get an A moving forward and if he keeps his play up to this level, should be the C whenever G retires or leaves Philly.
          This

Comment

Originally posted by Niittyzus View Post

Perfectly said.

Comment

Yup I think it's almost a given he will be an A next year.

Comment

Working...
              X