G not in top 3 MVP candidates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G not in top 3 MVP candidates

Wow, just by numbers alone he had to be in the top 3. I can understand if they are going elsewhere for the winner, but not having him in the top three is pretty inexcusable.he had better numbers than all three of the nominees.

It's kind of baffling. I don't know who G screwed over at one point in his career but he gets no love.

Comment

He did wipe a booger on that ref.

Comment

It was another great year for Claude where the other three had better stories around resurgence for the team or player where their season was out of their typical norm and a large bump in their production. Expectations are higher for guys like Claude , Crosby and mcdavid now so just doing the same I guess is not Hart worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ View Post
          It was another great year for Claude where the other three had better stories around resurgence for the team or player where their season was out of their typical norm and a large bump in their production. Expectations are higher for guys like Claude , Crosby and mcdavid now so just doing the same I guess is not Hart worthy.
          I just don't get how Kopitar gets the nod of Giroux when G has better stats in pretty much every category.

Comment

Unbelievable

Comment

It's absolutely ridiculous that he's not Top 3, especially considering he should've won the damn thing, lol.

MacKinnon had a great streak during the year, and then fell off at the end when it mattered when the Avs were fighting for a playoff spot.

Taylor Hall absolutely should be nominated and has an argument for beating G.

Kopitar... great season, sure. Better than G? Absolutely not.

Comment

Originally posted by dsl135 View Post
                It's absolutely ridiculous that he's not Top 3, especially considering he should've won the damn thing, lol.

MacKinnon had a great streak during the year, and then fell off at the end when it mattered when the Avs were fighting for a playoff spot.

Taylor Hall absolutely should be nominated and has an argument for beating G.

Kopitar... great season, sure. Better than G? Absolutely not.
                Don't sports writers vote on these things? How many sports media figures outside of the Philly market have anything good to say about Philly teams? I think therein lies the answer.

And I agree, it's a travesty that G isn't even in the top 3. Stats? Check. He was #2 in the league for total points. Story? Check. Without G's effort, especially in the last month of the season, the team would NOT have made the playoffs.

Comment

a few things about G....i think there is a sense he is a bit rogue regarding his give a shit about how he is perceived. He has a tendancy to lean into special team pts to prop stats...five on five is not his forte....a somewhat smaller than historical g presence and a very unrespected defensive end zone start all leads to this apparent slight? That and everyone who is anyone hates on Philly.

Comment

On another note, how funny is it that it took an offensive breakout for Couturier to get recognized as one of the top defensive players in the game?

Comment

Working...
                    X