Would you package Voracek for the #2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you package Voracek for the #2?

Just wondering what the mood is on the board regarding the rebuild plan. Of course I would prefer to trade #14 and #19 to get the #2, but i dont think carolina would want to do that. Plus thats not as fun of a question.

I see our real window as when patrick/frost/hart/Prov/Sanheim/TK/Myers are all in their young to mid twenties. Thus I like trading one of the old core to get a player who's prime is more in sync with theirs. Do you all hate that kind of move?

I don't think Carolina even listens to such an offer.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
      I don't think Carolina even listens to such an offer.
      If they did, would you do it?

Comment

Yes, but I would think Carolina would have more interest in other assets (which I would also consider).

My view is trading Simmonds to get picks/prospects and using a combination of picks and prospects to get up to 2 or 3. I wouldn't trade Morgan Frost, but all other players who haven't played an NHL game + Morin + Hagg are available.

I think 2 Mid-Firsts + Morin/Hagg/Myers + Ratcliffe/Rubstov/Allison/Laczynski has a good possibility of getting it done.
        "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

who is taking Jake's place in the immediate future? Certainly not whoever we'd get at #2
          "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

I donít want to trade Hagg or Morin.

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post

If they did, would you do it?
              I would make this deal, no hesitation. Primary reason for doing this is that i'd be getting another blue-chip prospect AND clear up more cap space to use on a cheaper very good player (free-agent or trade) with a shorter contract. Pretty simple from my perspective. I'm not worried about who would replace Jake. There are other good players who can be acquired.

Comment

Move Simmons and vorachek Do it
                ..."Hextall scored a goal in the empty net, and I don't know how he did it!!!!"

Comment

for Tkachuk...I'd trade Hagg..if need be....

Jake, Hagg, #14, #19..and Neuvirth......I'd do that..also would free up money for Simmer and let us sign Kane :-) (sorry had to go there!!)

Comment

Didn't Tkachuk just commit to another year of college hockey?

Comment

Working...
                    X