X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morin Out Until February 2019

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/20...orn-acl-flyers

Ouch.

Man that sucks...this kid had no luck this past season. Personally i thought he had made the roster out of camp...now he makes it on IR and will need to be ready when healthy to jump in and show that he belongs with the big team. I always projected Morin's impact on the Flyers by watching Jamie Oleksiak's progression in the NHL...started slow and is becoming a player to watch out for after being traded to the Pens.

Comment

So you can probably write off 2018-19 as well. I would imagine any "rehab" will involve an AHL stint which likely takes him out of the "picture" for next season. This guy will be 24 before he see's any decent NHL time. Unreal...

Comment

and the most recent injury (someone posted the video) frankly..looked like a pretty harmless collision on the boards...imo he has to be on his last legs (no pun intended)....for a top 15 draft pick..he is quickly moving towards the dreaded "B" word (bust)....

more importantly...wonder how this affects the upcoming draft..Hexy HAS to be at least thinking about a replacement...as such will he go 'D' with one, or both of our 1st rounders...

Comment

I still think best player available, NHL.com has 2 def ranked 10 and 14. I do say this makes packaging the picks to move up for a forward, less of a chance.

Comment

We had too many defensemen before. Now we have the right amount. BPA, but please move up and try getting a forward with impact skill.

Comment

To call Morin a bust is over the top. The chances were that he would have been with the big club this season had he not had his groin injury. This ACL tear is a set back but, in most cases, one that is not a career ender. He’ll probably be ready to go by February and in the Flyers lineup at that point.
              "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

Originally posted by flyers19rw View Post
                To call Morin a bust is over the top. The chances were that he would have been with the big club this season had he not had his groin injury. This ACL tear is a set back but, in most cases, one that is not a career ender. He’ll probably be ready to go by February and in the Flyers lineup at that point.
                There's no way he goes right from off-ice rehab to Flyers. Like Hexys Axe said, there's going to be some catch-up time in Lehigh Valley, and unless our guys are just absolutely atrocious by February, I imagine the odds are greatly in favor of him staying there as well for what will be left of 18-19 season.

definitely sucks for him. He just can't seem to catch a break with the injuries. Hopefully it's the last though and it doesn't derail his ability at all.
                "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

I believe Morin would need to pass through waivers to get sent to the AHL. If that is the case, getting sent to the AHL will need to be for conditioning purposes only...so he'd be back with the Flyers soon after that conditioning stint.

I don't believe you can call him a bust yet. He needs a chance to play in the NHL before that label can be used. And I think Hexy will give him every chance thus season to allow Morin to show his worth to the Flyers. With another expansion draft coming soon, it'll be critical to know what we have in him.

Also we need to remember a couple of things....the kid was completely a project when drafted. Projects dman take time to develop. And after having lost Alt to waivers, Hexy will be gynshy to go that route with Morin.

Comment

well the term "Bust" does not necessarily apply to his skill...a guy might have all the skill in the world , but if he can't stay healthy...what is the point? again he is not there yet...but at this point...when he rehabs and comes back...would anyone be surprised if he has yet another injury/setback after that?

Comment

Working...
                    X