No announcement yet.

If you were GM, how would you proceed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were GM, how would you proceed?

If you select one of the first 3 options, please share your thoughts on a possible package coming back. Also, it should be a given that trading both Jake and Simmer would mean Hexy goes uber-aggressive in free-agency.
    Trade Jake for a package (that includes a 3rd line player, young prospect and pick(s)).
    11.76%
    Trade Simmer for a package (that includes a 3rd line player, young prospect and pick(s).
    17.65%
    Trade both Jake and Simmer for a return similar to what we got for Carter and Richards.
    17.65%
    Hold onto both Jake and Simmer and use current cap space or AHL kids to fill holes.
    52.94%

This summer or just sometime in the future?

Comment

if we could flip simmer and jake into the crazy richards/carter returns i would do it in a second. but i very much doubt we could.

Comment

I voted to trade Jake for a package. The package i was thinking of would have a return centered around a young NHL player (like maybe Athanasiou - DET, Reinhart - BUF, Bennett - CAL, Tierney - SJ), a prospect not playing in the NHL and an upgrade in our 1st rounder this year (or next year). There would likely need to be other pieces in play to make the cap work. If we could include a Neuvirth or Gudas in such a deal, that might be even better.

Originally posted by Vedder View Post
        This summer or just sometime in the future?
        I was think this off-season.

Comment

I go with steady and boring
          "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

I voted for keeping both simply because none of the other options seemed right. You can't trade either of them away without getting someone who can chip in some offensive production, at least more than a 3rd liner would.

Comment

I went with #4 because I think this off-season we would be selling low on Simmonds (I don't see getting a good return after his injuries and his need for a possible long rehab), and I don't think we could get a return on Jake that would not only fill his production but then also improve the team long term on top of that

Comment

I'd trade Jake and Wayne..simply for the edict: Better to trade a player a year early rather than a year too late...

Wayne is beloved and full of heart..but if we are talking about a deal that would rival Carter/Richards/Schenn....how could you say no to that?

Comment

I am voting to hold on as well. Simmer's trade value this summer is not going to be very high and Jake still does a large portion of the heavy lifting on offense for this team. Plus we need a few veterans on this team and Wayne and Jake are both really well liked in the room. If Wayne has a bounce back we still have the option of moving him at the deadline, but the return would have to be such that it outweighs the impact he would have in the playoffs if we are in the race. Personally though I still prefer the slow and steady approach. Keep bringing 2-4 kids up a season. Once they start outplaying the vets, then it's time to think about a trade.

Comment

The way i have put the options, any trade does seem to indicate that it would be a few years before we would see any real major impact from the return on the deals. But if the trades (and of the 3 options) bring back young talent that might not be quite ready for prime-time, but do have what it takes to become prime-time players...AND we get even more cap flexibility for an aggressive push for guys like Tavares, Carlson and maybe even allow to trade for guys like Seguin).

Comment

Working...
                    X