If you were GM, how would you proceed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HerbGreen View Post
    I don't want to get rid of Simmonds either but I have to wonder if Montreal would give up Pac for anything but a useful player now. I don't think they are rebuilding and likely would want something they can use now. Like they won't be taking Lehtera or Weisse + picks for their captain
    I hear ya...but i can tell you that Pacioretti IS being traded. Up here in MTL, there is no doubt about this. It is happening and needs to happen for the Habs to move forward. The team is tired of him...and he is tired of being the captain of the Habs.

That being said, they won't be getting back a minimal return. There will be some sort of a bidding war to acquire a consistent goal scoring winger who is pretty responsible in the defensive zone. If the Flyers were to offer Simmonds, the Habs would jump on this right away. Bergevin LOVES players with toughness and character. This is why i feel that the Flyers would get the extra asset(s) in such a deal. The Habs have 4 2nd round picks this year. One of those would be coming our way, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

I hear ya...but i can tell you that Pacioretti IS being traded. Up here in MTL, there is no doubt about this. It is happening and needs to happen for the Habs to move forward. The team is tired of him...and he is tired of being the captain of the Habs.

That being said, they won't be getting back a minimal return. There will be some sort of a bidding war to acquire a consistent goal scoring winger who is pretty responsible in the defensive zone. If the Flyers were to offer Simmonds, the Habs would jump on this right away. Bergevin LOVES players with toughness and character. This is why i feel that the Flyers would get the extra asset(s) in such a deal. The Habs have 4 2nd round picks this year. One of those would be coming our way, at least.
      Then he should LOVE simmonds and the #14 for the #3.

Comment

Well Mike Hoffman should be available for cheap.

What a crazy ****ing story. Wow...

https://deadspin.com/erik-karlssons-...ien-1826772450

Comment

So two things. Pax for Simmonds is somewhat of a wash with an exchange of sniper scorer for power fwd net presence scorer. Both a bit defensively challenged but both coveted offensive attributes. Pax isn't gritty....simmer is. I think the habs need to top up a bit to get this done...cal it a second. And seconds suck as a rule soooo you tell me. I don't see this trade helping either team, simply changing each team's needs.
          as far as Hoffman being dealt. Read the article.no charges. No proof. Tabloid style reporting. Next

Comment

If Simmonds is part of the deal, I say forget it, Simmonds when healthy scores just as much, and is tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post
              Well Mike Hoffman should be available for cheap.

What a crazy ****ing story. Wow...

https://deadspin.com/erik-karlssons-...ien-1826772450
              wo! weird. well karlsson is definitely on the move so prolly hoffman stays.

Comment

again, IF we are going to deal Wayne...it should not be done unless Hextall can absolutely FLEECE the trading partner...if any potential deal is an even swap...why even do it?

Comment

Originally posted by flyerdog View Post
                  again, IF we are going to deal Wayne...it should not be done unless Hextall can absolutely FLEECE the trading partner...if any potential deal is an even swap...why even do it?
                  Totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post

wo! weird. well karlsson is definitely on the move so prolly hoffman stays.
                    I'd say it's almost a certainty that they lose both (and at less than market value now).

Karlsson likely is just done there. They'll probably have to get rid of Hoffman too to avoid any perception that they "chose" him over Karlsson.

Ottawa is a complete mess.

Comment

Originally posted by dsl135 View Post

I'd say it's almost a certainty that they lose both (and at less than market value now).

Karlsson likely is just done there. They'll probably have to get rid of Hoffman too to avoid any perception that they "chose" him over Karlsson.

Ottawa is a complete mess.
                      I agree, neither guy will be back. Ottawa is a dumpster fire right now.

On a side note, Hexy came out today and said he will be focusing on RHD and C for the draft.

Gotta think a guy like Wilde is on his radar. Not sure about the C. Some suggestions we like Kravtsov who's a RW.

Comment

Working...
                      X