Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Merkley is available at 14 or 19 do you take him?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Merkley is available at 14 or 19 do you take him?

Some say he is one of the most dynamic Dmen in the draft after Dahlin and a player who offers the highest risk/reward. However he has an ugly side to his game on D. He sounds to me like a young Ghost. Small in stature but incredible offensively. Do you risk one of your 1st round picks on him and see if the coaching staff and teammates can turn him into a force or go with a safer pick?

good question...probably not. there's enough other high-risk, high-potential picks in those slots, and we need forwards. I would trade down if someone wanted him tho.

Comment

I agree, we need forwards, hopefully with skill and a bad attitude.

Comment

I don't think he is the BPA there with his defensive deficiencies. Way more intriguing (likely forward) prospects available at 14/19.

Comment

I'm biased against him because for some reason his name reminds me too much of Peter Sellers' character of the President in "Dr. Strangelove"

Comment

Dr. Strangelove...too funny.

​I don't take him at either of those two spots simply because there are better options (even on defence).

​​​​​​I know most around here are hoping for two forwards with these picks. But I am praying that Ty Smith falls to us at 14.

Comment

The defense core does not need another undersized (168 lbs) defenseman, who will undoubtedly have trouble handling bigger, stronger forwards along the boards...they already have that in #53.

This team is desperately in need of a big RH, smooth skating, tough defenseman with high hockey IQ and can play in all situations...give me Bode Wilde at 14!

Big physical blue line presence with keen two way game and skill set. Displays big time physicality that sets the tone. A terrific skater with a booming shot (from Bill Placzek)

Comment

If for some reason Bouchard fell to 14 or we could jump up a few spots to get him (I hear Canucks might deal there pick) I would be all over that. A RHD, has a huge shot, is all around solid and has high hockey IQ. Not as flashy as a lot of the other Dmen but neither was Provorov. I also hope the Flyers pick 1F and 1D with their two picks. You can never have enough really good young dmen and if worse comes to worse and they all hit you can trade them for scoring talent.

Comment

Originally posted by behn3 View Post
                  The defense core does not need another undersized (168 lbs) defenseman, who will undoubtedly have trouble handling bigger, stronger forwards along the boards...they already have that in #53.

This team is desperately in need of a big RH, smooth skating, tough defenseman with high hockey IQ and can play in all situations...give me Bode Wilde at 14!

Big physical blue line presence with keen two way game and skill set. Displays big time physicality that sets the tone. A terrific skater with a booming shot (from Bill Placzek)
                  I've actually seen mock drafts where we take Wilde at that pick.

Comment

I think we have enough skilled undersized players on the farm. I can't see how Rubtsov will crack this line up. I want some toughness sprinkled around, not guys that can win fights, but players with size that can intimidate with hard hits.

Comment

Working...
                    X