Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Boynton - Player's Tribune

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...ythings-not-ok

This article is a difficult read, but something all hockey fans should read. For some reason...I don't remember Boynton on the Flyers...nor do I remember him being a "tough" guy (I recall him being a healthy scratch type dman).

I do hope he finds the future better than his past. His young son should be his focus...wishing him the best.

It's an all too common story. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by irvdog View Post
      It's an all too common story. Sad.
      Yup. Between the Player's Tribune and all the stuff TSN has been putting out there this is a story we are going to continue to hear more of from players he played during that era.

Comment

It's a brutal read but the guy's got balls for writing it. If anything positive can come out of the spate of players that committed suicide over the past 5-10 years then hopefully it's that people are going to be less afraid to talk about mental health issues in the game. They're real and keeping them to yourself is the worst thing you can do

Comment

I agree he stepped up to write it for other players, and well, fans. I do remember him as I always track anyone wearing 24,.

Comment

Working...
          X