• Show
Clear All

• Wyatte Wylie @ 127 (5th round)

Wyatte Wylie - D - WHL - 6'1" - 192lbs - Shoots Right - Nov.2/1999

Rankings
    Ranked #211 by FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS
    Ranked #103 by ISS HOCKEY
    Ranked #139 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
    Ranked #71 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Skaters)

(https://www.broadstreethockey.com/20...seman-prospect)

Wylies bread and butter is his defensive game. Simply put, at the WHL level hes established himself as a reliable, responsible two-way defender. He has effective mobility and skates well, but hes elevated by his superb defensive awareness and ability to anticipate offensive attacks from the other team. He uses his size well, and just seems to know where to be in his own zone to minimize enemy offensive rushes. Hes also not afraid to block shots.

His offense is more of a work in progress. His contributions with the puck this past season were sporadic he went through stretches where everything went in (December and January) and ones where he fought the puck a bit (the rest of the season) and the key to future success will be finding some consistency in that area. Hes a player thats played a safe, simple game at the WHL level thus far and has to seemingly learn to be comfortable taking a few risks (and being a bit uncomfortable) with the puck. If he can channel the confidence he has in his shutdown game into the offensive side, hell make some progress.
    (https://www.draftsite.com/nhl/player...e-wylie/30607/)

Was switched back over to his natural right side after starting the year on the left side. Made strides in his play, confidence, in the playoff, and increased physicality. Started to show offensive upside and taking the puck down low to shoot more. --Bill Placzek--

An interesting homegrown prospect out of Everett, this sturdy defenseman put up noteworthy point production on a very deep team. While the team's defence and goaltending mask most defensive blunders, you would be hard pressed to find Wylie out of position. He engages forecheckers with solid physical play and pins them to the walls. While his footspeed does leave something to be desired, he possesses good acceleration and mobility when transitioning the puck. Can play the pp and pk, showcasing depth to his game; however, he has considerable room to grow in both aspects. All around, an interesting defender with size and skill who projects as a safe two-way player and can round out a d-core. --Ronald Perinpanayagam--
    Last edited by lynchmob450; 06-23-2018, 03:30 PM.

Carter Harts future PK RD.

Comment

Love the name.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
        Love the name.
        With that name he should be with Arizona

Comment

I saw him play in Everett. Seemed like a very solid positional player who didnt make mistakes. I thought he showed leadership on the ice as well.

Comment

I like what I am reading about Wylie...I really like the superb defensive awareness comment about him!

Comment

Working...
            X