Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyers reveal black jersey for upcoming season

Flyers reveal black jersey for upcoming season:

If fans were hoping the Flyers would resurrect their classic black jerseys, then the team has sort of granted their wishes.

The team will don a third black jersey for the upcoming season, but not the vintage ones worn by the likes of Eric Lindros and John LeClair.

But the jerseys will still look familiar...

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...-19-nhl-season

Philadelphia Flyers #1
    Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
    The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Really liked those Jerseys!

Comment

I still prefer orange, but they are much better than the 2000's black, hated them.

Comment

OK I guess but I'm more a fan of the more traditional "home" whites and "away" orange (I will never understand why the NHL switched those around after the strike/lockout year - everytime I see the Flyers in orange I think away game! Hard to break a 40 year tradition).

I really liked the jersey's from like 2 years ago, looked like throwbacks to when I was young, which they changed for the worse last year (that extra white collar thing you could see on the orange jerseys). Seems like every time the team hits on a perfect design they change it and make it worse. I shudder to think what the regular jerseys will look like this year.

Anything is better than the jerseys from the Lindros years though IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by slipkid View Post
          OK I guess but I'm more a fan of the more traditional "home" whites and "away" orange (I will never understand why the NHL switched those around after the strike/lockout year - everytime I see the Flyers in orange I think away game! Hard to break a 40 year tradition).
          They switched due to teams wanting to use 'special' or '3rd' jerseys at home which were not white. Road teams had to juggle what they brought with them on trips since it wasn't a guarantee that they would wear their road jerseys. The switch fixed that, they always wear white now.

Comment

Working...
          X