Red Wings free agency rumor mill: Lehner, Hutton and Filppula

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Wings free agency rumor mill: Lehner, Hutton and Filppula

Heard on NHL Radio yesterday that Detroit was interested in Filppula then read this today..." Valtteri Filppula

Custance is a busy guy, as he's also reporting the Red Wings "have interest" in bringing back veteran center Valtteri Filppula.

Filppula left Detroit at the end of the 2012-13 season and signed with the Tampa Bay Lightning. The Lightning sent him to Philadelphia in 2017, and that's where he has been a second- and first-line center the past two seasons.

At 34, Filppula is still considered a solid two-way center who wins face offs and tracks other teams' top players. He's comparable to Frans Nielsen, who the Red Wings picked up a few years after Filppula left. He's not going to bring a ton of goals, but he'll play a polished 200-foot game.

The Red Wings would be bringing in more veteran depth down the middle if they chose to welcome back Filppula.

The rumors will continue to swirl as the NHL off season is just getting started."

https://www.clickondetroit.com/sport...pulla-to-vanek

• lynchmob450
    replied
    Faulk >>> DeHann...so IMO, if the Canes trade away Faulk, their defence is not better.

Leave a comment:

• Vedder
    replied
    Man the Canes defense... I wonder if they trade Faulk now. Canes have too many awesome D (not that it helped them last year). Faulk could be the perfect RHD for this team if the Canes were up for trading him.

Leave a comment:

• toothless joe
    replied
    Originally posted by flyers19rw View Post
    DeHann to Hurricanes. 4 for $18.2
    This is exactly what Hexy didníít want to do. Give him a 4 yr term. I hope he stands pat. Hart is still a year away.

Leave a comment:

• flyers19rw
    replied
    DeHann to Hurricanes. 4 for $18.2

Leave a comment:

• clumsysnake
    replied
    Originally posted by irvdog View Post

Than who? Bozak and jvr?
    than tavares!

couts/giroux/voracek combined have 3.13 the points of tavares for 1.89 the price of tavares. Put another way, they're 40% cheaper.

Leave a comment:

• irvdog
    replied
    Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
    I'm just glad we have voracek and giroux who score more and make less.
    Than who? Bozak and jvr?

Leave a comment:

• clumsysnake
    replied
    I'm just glad we have voracek and giroux who score more and make less.

Leave a comment:

• flyers19rw
    replied
    The problem for the Leafs is that signing Tavares has skewed their salary options. Sure they obtained Tavares but have lost 46 goals in Bozak and JVR. Losing Nylander would bite into their offense even more. If the Isles offer Nylander $7-9M and the Leafs match, they won't have an easy time of filling out their roster. The Isles can really cause the Leafs a lot of trouble going forward.

Leave a comment:

• Vedder
    replied
    Those players would obviously have to accept the offers, and depending on the cost the Isle could be on the hook for a lot of 1st rounders. The max you can give while only surrendering a 2nd rounder is 4,059,322. With 13M left in space I think the Leafs obviously match that for Nylander. Anything above that and I think they probably just take the assets coming back and say goodbye. When you are already playing in the top 9 in Toronto and you just signed Tavares you probably aren't too likely to sign an offer sheet somewhere else either. In Matthews case the only way I see it is if we wanted to be captain and they give it to Tavares. Even then you are throwing away a pretty huge chance at the cup.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X