No announcement yet.

Frank Seravelli: JVR back to Philly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After some thought, I still dont think it gets us closer to the cup. 2nd line wingers arent what dreams are made of. However, I dont hate it either. The term is manageable and there are no movement restrictions, and it shelters a bit the bottom 6 forwards like lindblom, vorobyov, or weal from the pressure of having to produce, hopefully helping them flourish.

But I'm still of the belief that our window will start only when we have our #1 goalie. THEN we can chase UFA scoring. Build from the net out.

Comment

Agreed. In that five year JVR window is Carter Hart. Heís canít miss IMHO
      Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

To those who donít like this deal

Just imagine if you are a kings fan

Ilya 3years $6.25M per, 35 yo, out of NHL last five seasons

JVR 5 years $7M per, 29 yo, 36 goal scored in NHL last year ....

One of these contracts looks awful .... oh Kings what have you done lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

From Meltzer.... 4) As expected, Hextall said that the JVR signing has no bearing on the status of Wayne Simmonds. The indications I got from contacts in and close to the organization was that the organization's Plan A was not -- and is still not -- to trade the player, and the preference is to try to come to an extension agreement with Simmonds' agent, Eustace King.

I was told that, if need be, Hextall is comfortable going into next season with Simmonds unsigned 2018-19 and then trying to get a deal done prior to the start of free agency next year. If it becomes clear that no agreement is likely to be reached, the Flyers will adjust accordingly.

That said,...
          Full article: http://www.hockeybuz...cripts/45/93744
          Philadelphia Flyers #1
          Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
          The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

Apparently JVR will wear 25.

Comment

Working...
            X