• shafe
    started a topic Organizational Prospect Depth Ranking

Organizational Prospect Depth Ranking

Flyers are ranked #1 in prospect depth for 2018 - 2019

https://dobberprospects.com/2018-19-...ects-rankings/

• Vedder
    replied
    Originally posted by smkruzik View Post
    I truly hope I'm wrong, but as I said in another thread; I don't think he's Couts lite, I think he may end up being Laughton lite.
    Rubtsov is light years ahead of Laughton in terms of high end skill, it's just he is often too tentative to use it. They are very different players.

Leave a comment:

• clumsysnake
    replied
    he's just turned 20. and anyway he was the 22nd overall. I'm just hoping he can be a reliable 3rd liner, like a raffl type. he plays the game like couts, big body, takes care of the puck, but isn't slick. he's looked a tad slow from the highlights i've seen... he's also looked way bigger than his listed 6'0" height. looking forward to getting to evaluate him in the AHL!

Leave a comment:

• smkruzik
    replied
    I truly hope I'm wrong, but as I said in another thread; I don't think he's Couts lite, I think he may end up being Laughton lite.

Leave a comment:

• JimboPark1
    replied
    Originally posted by Vedder View Post
    From all accounts of people who watch Rubsov (and from Hexy's own mouth) is he has all the tools, and is one of the highest skilled forward we have. He is just tentative and needs to attack more. He seems more concerned with the defensive side of the game than attacking on offense. If he can gain confidence and learn to be more assertive offensively he could potentially be Couts light. Will be interesting to see how he progresses this year in the AHL. He also really needs to work on his English from what I have read.
    Just to add on this I have heard that all of the injuries have really set him back and I also heard somewhere recently that he is struggling a bit with English. Everyone seems to be in agreement that his hockey IQ is extremely high and he is a great 2-way player with incredible vision and leadership (this is likely where the English issues are holding him back).

Leave a comment:

• Vedder
    replied
    From all accounts of people who watch Rubsov (and from Hexy's own mouth) is he has all the tools, and is one of the highest skilled forward we have. He is just tentative and needs to attack more. He seems more concerned with the defensive side of the game than attacking on offense. If he can gain confidence and learn to be more assertive offensively he could potentially be Couts light. Will be interesting to see how he progresses this year in the AHL. He also really needs to work on his English from what I have read.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Kerr #12
    replied
    Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post

dobberprospects.com... never heard of em?....
    It's been running for years. The Frozen Tools section is pretty cool during the season.

Leave a comment:

• IceHokie
    replied
    Yea but they have a website.

Leave a comment:

• clumsysnake
    replied
    Originally posted by IceHokie View Post
    Interesting Rubtsov is still #3, I know a lot were down on him here after last season.
    dobberprospects.com... never heard of em?

pretty sure he's not #3 on the flyers' internal prospect ranking.

Leave a comment:

• IceHokie
    replied
    Interesting Rubtsov is still #3, I know a lot were down on him here after last season.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X