Matt Read signed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Read signed

Matt Read is headed to Minnesota on a one year, two way deal with the Wild...650k/200k

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...minnesota-wild

for a 4th line PK guy who can move up in an absolute emergency; that's a great deal.

I really thought he'd get at least a mill somewhere
    "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

Good for him. He was caught up in bad timing - came along as an older player, had two solid years with a lot of potential....got a big (for that kind of player) contract, and then had that one injury (I think it was the one in 2016....a hernia or abdominal thing?) that he never really recovered from... And by that time, he just wasn't able to bring anything to the team. Good player, still can probably contribute to a team - heck, he may bounce around for a few years as a reliable budget player - but glad to see him move on from O&B.

Comment

Glad he's gone, there are other kids who could benefit from the ice time
        Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Agree with Evee on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by meskary View Post
            Agree with Evee on this one.
            I doubt you'll find too much argument from anyone here. He was a character guy who played wherever and however he was told; most of us are just happy that he found another place to possibly continue his career.
            "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

Working...
            X