SanFillipo info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SanFillipo info

Interesting episode of Snow the Goalie podcast this week. Anthony SanFillipo was saying that he was speaking to someone from inside the Flyers organization recently and they gave him some very interesting information
    1. JVR was actually the Flyers Plan “B”. Apparently they put an offer in for Paul Stastny but he turned it down. The deal was apparently for more money than he got from Vegas but it was a shorter term.
    2. The Flyers feel that Isaac Ratcliffe is closer to being NHL ready than Morgan Frost
    3. They are also more excited about the Jay O’Brian pick than the Joel Farabee pick. They think the really got someone special in JOB.

Just thought this was interesting stuff in the dog days of summer

Curious. According to him Stastny would have made more in 2 years than 3 in Vegas so he would have been paid close to $10 million a year. We did have the space to make that happen and it would have sorted out our roster. Ratcliffe/Frost meh. Lets see how things play out in camp.

Comment

Originally posted by shafe View Post
      Interesting episode of Snow the Goalie podcast this week. Anthony SanFillipo was saying that he was speaking to someone from inside the Flyers organization recently and they gave him some very interesting information[LIST=1][*]JVR was actually the Flyers Plan “B”. Apparently they put an offer in for Paul Stastny but he turned it down. The deal was apparently for more money than he got from Vegas but it was a shorter term.
      Guessing it speaks more to how they feel about their 3rd center situation (the Stastny love)? I'm not much of a JVR fan but def didn't want any part of Stastny.

Comment

I think the more curious point was that by paying JVR the money they did means if they want to resign Simmer he would require pretty similar term and money. JVR and Simmonds are both the same age and year over year put up almost identical goals and point totals. Thus to keep Simmonds do you sign him to a 7M 5 year deal?

Comment

I understand Frost has pretty good linemates that have allowed him to shine. I have never seen him just something I read

Comment

In reference to Farabee/O'Brian; I'd be curious if he meant that they're higher on O'Brian than Farabee; or just that they're really high on O'Brian for where they were able to get him vs Farabee.
            "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ View Post
              I understand Frost has pretty good linemates that have allowed him to shine. I have never seen him just something I read
              All stats indicate that Frost was just as good or better when his "really good" line mates weren't in the lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by smkruzik View Post
                In reference to Farabee/O'Brian; I'd be curious if he meant that they're higher on O'Brian than Farabee; or just that they're really high on O'Brian for where they were able to get him vs Farabee.
                Yeah I would be curious too. Overall though I think they are probably pretty excited to have both drafted.

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ View Post
                  But he will have better linemates on the Flyers, kind of by definition of playing in the NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post

But he will have better linemates on the Flyers, kind of by definition of playing in the NHL.
                    And be playing against better opponents.

Comment

Working...
                    X