No announcement yet.

SanFillipo info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JOB just has that "look" of a player. Top-notch agility and an endless motor. Need to see how much he can score against better competition, but I'm definitely not worried that he won't be able to adjust to a higher pace; he already does everything at top speed. Reminds me Upshall, Marchand, Gionta. He also seems like he's got high character and enthusiasm. Lots of positive body language.

He definitely could be considered a steal @ #19 in 5 years. This is the kind of pick scouts hang their hats on... late first, left-field pick that turns into an important NHL player.

Comment

It was a small sample and he was sometimes playing out of position, but Frost did not look ready to take that next step at the World Junior summer exhibitions.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit View Post
        It was a small sample and he was sometimes playing out of position, but Frost did not look ready to take that next step at the World Junior summer exhibitions.
        I read that as well and I was disappointed. I sure hope it was just an anomaly with him and that he can still impress at camp to make the team like TK did.
        "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ
          I understand Frost has pretty good linemates that have allowed him to shine. I have never seen him just something I read
          Seen him play twice in the OHL, once in his draft season and once in his year before the draft season.

He looked good in both games and definitely was one of the better players on the ice. However the game I saw him play in the year before his draft season, he was truly dominant and had a great game ... incredible vision on the ice, quick, smart, great puck handler .... he can make things happen with his vision and passing.

Saw TK a lot in the O as well ... I think similar type players but TK definitely played with more grit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just let Frost take the time he needs. Good things come to those who wait.

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
              He who hesitates, has lost.
              "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Disagree on the hypothesis, the team has a history of rushing guys, then getting rid of them too soon. Frost may or may not be ready, but that statement shouldn't be the reason.

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
                  Agree 1,000%.

IF he shows that he is ready in camp, then i think he should be given an opportunity. But if he shows that he needs time to prepare for the NHL grind, then allow him to have the time required to be able to pull that off.

Comment

Working...
                  X