X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shafe
    started a topic SanFillipo info

SanFillipo info

Interesting episode of Snow the Goalie podcast this week. Anthony SanFillipo was saying that he was speaking to someone from inside the Flyers organization recently and they gave him some very interesting information
    1. JVR was actually the Flyers Plan “B”. Apparently they put an offer in for Paul Stastny but he turned it down. The deal was apparently for more money than he got from Vegas but it was a shorter term.
    2. The Flyers feel that Isaac Ratcliffe is closer to being NHL ready than Morgan Frost
    3. They are also more excited about the Jay O’Brian pick than the Joel Farabee pick. They think the really got someone special in JOB.

Just thought this was interesting stuff in the dog days of summer

• lynchmob450
    replied
    Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
    Just let Frost take the time he needs. Good things come to those who wait.
    Agree 1,000%.

IF he shows that he is ready in camp, then i think he should be given an opportunity. But if he shows that he needs time to prepare for the NHL grind, then allow him to have the time required to be able to pull that off.

Leave a comment:

• swami24
    replied
    Disagree on the hypothesis, the team has a history of rushing guys, then getting rid of them too soon. Frost may or may not be ready, but that statement shouldn't be the reason.

Leave a comment:

• Hattrix
    replied
    Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
    He who hesitates, has lost.

Leave a comment:

• clumsysnake
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Strohs72
    replied
    Originally posted by CLJ
    I understand Frost has pretty good linemates that have allowed him to shine. I have never seen him just something I read
    Seen him play twice in the OHL, once in his draft season and once in his year before the draft season.

He looked good in both games and definitely was one of the better players on the ice. However the game I saw him play in the year before his draft season, he was truly dominant and had a great game ... incredible vision on the ice, quick, smart, great puck handler .... he can make things happen with his vision and passing.

Saw TK a lot in the O as well ... I think similar type players but TK definitely played with more grit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Hattrix
    replied
    Originally posted by Pit View Post
    It was a small sample and he was sometimes playing out of position, but Frost did not look ready to take that next step at the World Junior summer exhibitions.
    I read that as well and I was disappointed. I sure hope it was just an anomaly with him and that he can still impress at camp to make the team like TK did.

Leave a comment:

• Pit
    replied
    It was a small sample and he was sometimes playing out of position, but Frost did not look ready to take that next step at the World Junior summer exhibitions.

Leave a comment:

• clumsysnake
    replied
    JOB just has that "look" of a player. Top-notch agility and an endless motor. Need to see how much he can score against better competition, but I'm definitely not worried that he won't be able to adjust to a higher pace; he already does everything at top speed. Reminds me Upshall, Marchand, Gionta. He also seems like he's got high character and enthusiasm. Lots of positive body language.

He definitely could be considered a steal @ #19 in 5 years. This is the kind of pick scouts hang their hats on... late first, left-field pick that turns into an important NHL player.

Leave a comment:

• hellfish21
    replied
    Originally posted by swami24 View Post

But he will have better linemates on the Flyers, kind of by definition of playing in the NHL.
    And be playing against better opponents.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X