Farabee and O'Brien

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farabee and O'Brien

Both of our first rounders this year played in the Summer Showcase this past week the purpose of which (mainly) is to help national Junior team's assess who might get onto their teams for the U20 WJC Tournament, which will be held in Canada starting on Boxing Day. Below is a link to an article listing the top 10 players from the tournament just completed. Spoiler alert; both of this years first rounders are on the list. Other Flyer's prospects who took part include Ratcliffe, Frost, Noah Cates, Andrew Ginning, Lycksell and the goalie from Sweden taken in the 5th round this year Sam Ersson.

Link: https://www.nhl.com/news/top-10-play...se/c-299676098

The waiting is the hardest part.

Comment

Meltzer:
      by Bill Meltzer @billmeltzer / http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com

Prospects soar in Finale
      O'Brien highlights final game of World Junior Showcase with a pair of goals

Caveat: The WJSS is merely an early August exhibition series, and a small sampling of games. There are no medal awarded and no roster spots won or lost. What it does, however, is to provides some early hints about how rosters and roles may play out down the line. It gives players an introduction to the coaches and an early measuring stick about the competition they'll face come December.

With that in mind, here's a look at how each of the eight Flyers prospects in the tournament performed...
      Full Article:
      https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/melt...rs/c-299677730
      Philadelphia Flyers #1
      Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
      The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

These guys are 3 & 7 respectively in the Athletics flyers prospect ratings. Myers is #1 and frost at #2. Morin has dropped to 14 and at best 3rd pairing potential. Overall the flyers came in 12th in the athletics franchise rankings.

Comment

Pronman dropped us down from #2 to #12 because we lack game breaker prospects....but mentions that we have the deepest prospect pool.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
            Pronman dropped us down from #2 to #12 because we lack game breaker prospects....but mentions that we have the deepest prospect pool.
            Yup- Pronman bases his rankings primarily on game breaking prospects and not overall quality depth. I am happy with our prospects and so damn excited about the next 5 years of this team.

Comment

Reading Pronman makes me question why I subscribe to the Athletic. Then there are the other writers who are good.
              "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

When I read that article, the thing that irked me waso the way he kind reduced Carter Hart. I am not really sure if he was picking on Hart or just not willing to give credit to a player playing a position that is so volatile.

Comment

Originally posted by flyers19rw View Post
                  Reading Pronman makes me question why I subscribe to the Athletic. Then there are the other writers who are good.
                  Are you serious? He is doing this for 31franchises and probably 600+ players. He canít be an expert on everyone yet his content has been pretty good. I am sure he has ruffled a few feathers based on the comments yet I am happy to see they have a resource like this on the athletic . This alone has been worth the subscription for me

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ View Post

Are you serious? He is doing this for 31franchises and probably 600+ players. He canít be an expert on everyone yet his content has been pretty good. I am sure he has ruffled a few feathers based on the comments yet I am happy to see they have a resource like this on the athletic . This alone has been worth the subscription for me
                    He's a clown. His ability to evaluate players is weak. Check his calls on prospects for the draft. The Athletic should be able to get more competent writers than him.
                    "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

Working...
                    X