No announcement yet.

Center Ice or NHL.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've used center ice probably for the last 10 yrs, but it looks like NHL.com might be cheaper? I want to be able to see all Flyers games and be able to DVR them if I can't watch live so I can watch it at my leisure .... . That's kind of what I'm looking for. I get MSG as part of my cable (Optimum) so I see all NYR NJD, and NYI home games.
    "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by Hattrix View Post
      I've used center ice probably for the last 10 yrs, but it looks like NHL.com might be cheaper? I want to be able to see all Flyers games and be able to DVR them if I can't watch live so I can watch it at my leisure .... . That's kind of what I'm looking for. I get MSG as part of my cable (Optimum) so I see all NYR NJD, and NYI home games.
      If you need to DVR and center ice gives you actual tv channels to dvr then you probably need to stick with that. NHLTV doesn't integrate into channels in any way. You log in with a username and password on a computer or phone and use a device to cast it to a tv. I don't think there would be any way to dvr it.
      Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
      Official Facebook
      Official Twitter

Comment

Using NHL.tv is just like using a DVR. You can watch the game whenever you want, live or recorded. The only difference is that they record it, not you. You can pause, jump back, jump ahead, etc.

Since I'm on the west coast, most Flyers home games start at 4PM my time, and I want to watch later. So the DVR-like functionality is perfect for me.

The archive on these kind of services can be a nice feature too. You could possibly watch past games that happened before you were a customer. For NHL.tv it looks like a couple of years is it. Not sure why they limit it so much.

Comment

Originally posted by PinkFloydFreak87 View Post

Oh yeah, that's a given with either one. I assumed hattrix's problem was that he's living out of market, not that he cut the chord. Either way, r/nhlstreams should get the job done for blacked out games.

I'm surprised that Reddit hasn't been sued out of existence given the number of streaming links for pretty much any sporting event in the world on there

Not that I'm complaining mind you....

Comment

Hey Dogzus,
            do you have cable? I am about to give it up. Would Nhl.tv be the way to go for a dude with no cable and a smart Tv?

Comment

Originally posted by dogzus View Post
              Using NHL.tv is just like using a DVR. You can watch the game whenever you want, live or recorded. The only difference is that they record it, not you. You can pause, jump back, jump ahead, etc.

Since I'm on the west coast, most Flyers home games start at 4PM my time, and I want to watch later. So the DVR-like functionality is perfect for me.

The archive on these kind of services can be a nice feature too. You could possibly watch past games that happened before you were a customer. For NHL.tv it looks like a couple of years is it. Not sure why they limit it so much.
              Is the 48 hour wait period only for in market games? That's what I wasn't sure about. Living in the philly market, if I'm not home and miss the game on TV, I can't pull it up and watch on NHLTV until it's been 2 days.
              Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
              Official Facebook
              Official Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by toothless joe View Post
                Hey Dogzus,
                do you have cable? I am about to give it up. Would Nhl.tv be the way to go for a dude with no cable and a smart Tv?
                NHL TV + paying for a VPN that makes it appear that you're in europe where no NHL games are on TV will get you any game you want.

NHL TV and no VPN still get you any game thats not in your local market or nationally broadcast. You'd have to figure something out for all playoff games and NBCSN / NBC games though.
                Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
                Official Facebook
                Official Twitter

Comment

Thanks Mate!!

Comment

NHL.TV doesn't have pricing for the season on their website....just the off-season pricing of $9.99 ..... anyone know what the full season cost usually is?
                    "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

It's been in the $130-140 range for the last three years.

To answer Joe's question above, no I don't have Center Ice. I had it before I cut the cord in 2010. GamecenterLive/NHL.tv were what made that possible. I could watch the games with the the smart TV I have, but I have a Mac Mini hooked up to it and just use the TV like a big monitor. Using the browser that came with the TV, and having the wifi on the (Samsung) TV enabled both have annoying side effects.

Comment

Working...
                      X