• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strohs72
    replied
    Originally posted by Hattrix
    New development for me as well ......

I might have gotten my wife to move to YoutubeTV for her daily watching (of her stupid crappy shows), but once I cancel my cable subscription I'll be unable to watch ANY Flyers games.
    I can't use my parents' Xfinity login to watch nor my friend's DirectTV login because it requires my computer to be logged into the same network as their home receiver.

One saving grace is I'll be able to use a VPN to spoof my location.......So...... how can I get the rest of the season??

(If you don't want to post it here but want to pvt chat, send me a pvt msg)
    Thanks!
    NHL GCL usually has a half season price so you donít have to pay the full price .....

YouTube TV? Iíve never heard of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Hattrix
    replied
    New development for me as well ......

I might have gotten my wife to move to YoutubeTV for her daily watching (of her stupid crappy shows), but once I cancel my cable subscription I'll be unable to watch ANY Flyers games.
    I can't use my parents' Xfinity login to watch nor my friend's DirectTV login because it requires my computer to be logged into the same network as their home receiver.

One saving grace is I'll be able to use a VPN to spoof my location.......So...... how can I get the rest of the season??

(If you don't want to post it here but want to pvt chat, send me a pvt msg)
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Strohs72
    replied
    A new development

I have old Apple TV 2 units that I use to stream from my iPad or iPhone to the ATV2ís which are hooked up to my big screen.

Seems to work fine.

The ATV2 is so old that NHL GCL app on it doesnít work anymore.

I also used to use an XBOX360 to watch NHL GCL. However I think last year it stopped getting support for it so it didnít work anymore.

The kodi boxes I have couldnít run the NHL GCL app.

I purchased an nvidia shield in the fall for watching IPTV... itís by far the best streaming box out there IMO. However it didnít have an NHL app, much to my chagrin.

My buddy told me
    Yesterday that finally now there will be an NHL app for the nvidia Shield.
    Thankfully!

So upon that news, I bought another one yesterday on sale via Amazon while I was vacationing in the Dominican Republic.

It will probably arrive at my house before I even get home lol

Leave a comment:

• dogzus
    replied
    According to this, the answer is (as of just recently) yes.

https://thestreamable.com/guides/liv...-on-android-tv

The Samsung smart TV I got a few years ago would not let you disable Samsung's push notifications. It was extremely annoying to have to acknowledge the same on-screen messages over and over again. They would pop up in front of whatever you happened to be watching so you had to. I eventually turned off the TV's wifi to stop that, which meant not using any of the built in apps. I hope they've done better in the meantime, but it sounds like the trend in the TV biz these days is to monetize the hell out of the user, so I am not optimistic about it.

https://boingboing.net/2019/01/11/telescreens-r-us.html

Leave a comment:

• CLJ
    replied
    Somewhat related, I currently watch nhl.tv on IPad or via Apple TV on my HDTV. I am getting a Samsung smart TV installed soon. Does anyone know if NHL tv app is available on Samsung or if I will still need to hook up Apple TV and run thru that ?

Leave a comment:

• Hattrix
    replied
    Thank you Strohs

Leave a comment:

• Strohs72
    replied
    No they go by IP address.

Which is why a VPN would likely work.

With a VPN when you connect via the internet you can choose a different locale, which would generate an IP address from that location, in theory fooling NHL.tv to thinking you live I. That location and thereby avoiding the NHL archaic blackout policy.

Simply using your friends login info will not work.

Leave a comment:

• Hattrix
    replied
    What if I connect to nhl TV by using my buddy's log in. He lives in Florida. Would that allow me to view the games because it's a Florida account even though I'm physically in NJ?

Leave a comment:

• Strohs72
    replied
    Originally posted by AIK1891
    Last year in Brigantine I was blacked out for Flyers, Devils, and Islanders. The year before in Gainesville it was blacked out for Tampa, and before that in Naples it was blacked out for Panthers and Tampa. The blackout ranges are ***inine, but I never found any way around them, though in all three locations I could not get local broadcaster, yet still even had some national games blacked out on regular cable (if the Panthers were in Philly, Sunsports channel was not available in Naples, but the game was on NBC or NHL Network and those were blacked out). I hate Bettman, but at least he hasn't yet figured out to charge for/black out the radio broadcasts as well (I couldn't even listen to half of an Eagles post-game show without paying NFL for their radio ticket because they had WIP internet audio feed blocked for an hour before and after games).

Short of when I can ever move back to Hawai`i, I think that the blackouts will keep me from ever getting NHL.tv
    Did you try using a VPN with NHL.tv?

As far as I can tell that would eliminate any blackout issues for you.

Leave a comment:

• AIK1891
    replied
    Last year in Brigantine I was blacked out for Flyers, Devils, and Islanders. The year before in Gainesville it was blacked out for Tampa, and before that in Naples it was blacked out for Panthers and Tampa. The blackout ranges are ***inine, but I never found any way around them, though in all three locations I could not get local broadcaster, yet still even had some national games blacked out on regular cable (if the Panthers were in Philly, Sunsports channel was not available in Naples, but the game was on NBC or NHL Network and those were blacked out). I hate Bettman, but at least he hasn't yet figured out to charge for/black out the radio broadcasts as well (I couldn't even listen to half of an Eagles post-game show without paying NFL for their radio ticket because they had WIP internet audio feed blocked for an hour before and after games).

Short of when I can ever move back to Hawai`i, I think that the blackouts will keep me from ever getting NHL.tv

Leave a comment:

Working...
X