Center Ice or NHL.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyerdog View Post
    something I don't understand though...how can the NHL supersede the agreements in place with providers? Comcast and DirecTV offer Center Ice as an option..but it seems that NHL streaming would be in direct competition...can someone explain this?
    At the rate people are cutting the cord and leaving Comcast and directv the NHL couldnít limit themselves to just these providers.

Directv now AT&T somehow had an exclusive with the NFL for big money. Something the networks or provides are unwilling to cough up for nhl exclusivity. Just free market. I believe baseball is the same and MLB as NHL and they share assets.

Comment

Originally posted by toothless joe View Post
      How much is nhl.com?
      Hi. Just to follow up as I received an auto renewal notice for nhl.tv yesterday and the rate was $139.99 for the year. The entire season for less than the cost of going to a single game live.... and less than the rest of a single month of my xfinity bill (but I do require that to use the stream)

Comment

Thanks CLJ. I just took a look, yesterday. Also, saw that it was $109 for following a single team.

Comment

I love nhl.tv (or Rogers NHL Live up here). Made cutting cable that much easier a few years ago.

Comment

I just cut, last week. Pretty happy with myself! Lol

Comment

Hey CLJ. Does nhl network come with the subscription on nhl.tv?

Comment

It does not.

Kind of annoying when games occasionally get blacked out on nhl.tv because they are on NHL network!

Comment

Ok. Thanks ....zus!

Comment

For those in Canada and watching with NHL Rogers Game Centre Live... a question

Is the Rogers nhl app only available on Xbox 1, ps4, Apple TV 4, and Roku?

I had just bought the nvidia shield which was super fast hardware ... but couldnít find NHL GCL app so I returned it.

Used to watch on my Xbox 360 and Apple TV 2 but both are no longer supported ... also have a couple kodi boxes and the app isnít available on that either.

I used to subscribe to Centre Ice on Bell Expressvu for years before I cut the cord five years ago now. IMO Rogers NHL GCL is far superior to Centre Ice, in terms of flexibility and DVR capabilities ... and the feeds are ALL ALWAYS 1080p. This thread surprised me as I often wondered in this day and age who would even want to subscribe to Centre Ice anymore ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Strohs72 View Post
                      For those in Canada and watching with NHL Rogers Game Centre Live... a question

Is the Rogers nhl app only available on Xbox 1, ps4, Apple TV 4, and Roku?

I had just bought the nvidia shield which was super fast hardware ... but couldnít find NHL GCL app so I returned it.

Used to watch on my Xbox 360 and Apple TV 2 but both are no longer supported ... also have a couple kodi boxes and the app isnít available on that either.

I used to subscribe to Centre Ice on Bell Expressvu for years before I cut the cord five years ago now. IMO Rogers NHL GCL is far superior to Centre Ice, in terms of flexibility and DVR capabilities ... and the feeds are ALL ALWAYS 1080p. This thread surprised me as I often wondered in this day and age who would even want to subscribe to Centre Ice anymore ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Wouldn't the shield let you cast the game to your TV from your computer or phone?

Google Chromecast or an Amazon Firestick are the only other ways I know of for sure to get games on your TV.

EDIT: Just confirmed with my friend that has a shield. Shield has chromecast built in, so you can use the NHLTV chromecast app, or just cast from any device to your TV. With sheild / chromecast you can cast anything to your tv. Don't need an app.
                      Last edited by PinkFloydFreak87; 09-04-2018, 09:56 AM.
                      Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
                      Official Facebook
                      Official Twitter

Comment

Working...
                      X