Center Ice or NHL.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strohs72 View Post
    ... . This thread surprised me as I often wondered in this day and age who would even want to subscribe to Centre Ice anymore ?...
    I'm skeptical about my ability to record the game, or watch it when I want to. MANY times, I record the game then begin watching about an hour in to it so I can FF and RW if needed. Then by the time I get to the 3rd period, I can watch in real time.

I've been using Center Ice for a LONG time and I can program the DVR way in advance to make sure I record the games so if I'm busy and forget the game is on, it's like a present ! Lol
    "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by Hattrix View Post

I'm skeptical about my ability to record the game, or watch it when I want to. MANY times, I record the game then begin watching about an hour in to it so I can FF and RW if needed. Then by the time I get to the 3rd period, I can watch in real time.

I've been using Center Ice for a LONG time and I can program the DVR way in advance to make sure I record the games so if I'm busy and forget the game is on, it's like a present ! Lol
      As long as you're out of the Flyers market, you can do all of that without having to remember to program a DVR. The fact that center ice to this day still doesn't deliver every possible broadcast of every game in 1080p is also an absolute joke.
      Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
      Official Facebook
      Official Twitter

Comment

I watch from Western Pa. I have my Fire Tv with IPTV service paying $5 a month. I get the NHL package and NBC Philly station. I was sick of getting screwed by the sat folks where I'd pay the $140 for Center Ice but then have to pay another $10 a month to get NBC sports because they lock out games from Center Ice. Now I save my self $1500+ a year and couldn't be happier. Hopefully my service will add the AHL package

Comment

Originally posted by PinkFloydFreak87

As long as you're out of the Flyers market, you can do all of that without having to remember to program a DVR. The fact that center ice to this day still doesn't deliver every possible broadcast of every game in 1080p is also an absolute joke.
          I thought this was a joke too when I subscribed to Centre Ice ... one of many major peeves about it

I canít believe in 2018 they have the balls to broadcast some games in non HD when Iím sure all games are available in HD.

What a joke.

My other peeve was that with Centre Ice here in Canada i rarely if ever was able to watch the flyers broadcast. It was always the opponent.

With NHL GCL that is no longer an issue.

Like I said

I canít believe Centre Ice is even still around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PinkFloydFreak87

Wouldn't the shield let you cast the game to your TV from your computer or phone?

Google Chromecast or an Amazon Firestick are the only other ways I know of for sure to get games on your TV.

EDIT: Just confirmed with my friend that has a shield. Shield has chromecast built in, so you can use the NHLTV chromecast app, or just cast from any device to your TV. With sheild / chromecast you can cast anything to your tv. Don't need an app.
            I have an iOS phone and tablet.

Donít think those can cast to the SHIELD?

I have an old jail broken Apple TV 2 I should be able to cast to but it hasnít been working lately... probably because it is difficult to update a jail broken Apple TV 2.

I may have to try a factory restore and then update it ... and the. If I can cast I am good to go

Thanks for the reminder on trying to cast ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PinkFloydFreak87 View Post

Fine, but....
              1. Is every game immediately recorded so when I decide to watch it's ready at the beginning?
              2. What if I can't get to watch it for 2 days, will it still be available?
              3. What requirements are there to cast to my TV?
              4. Is it broadcast in surround sound?
              "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by Hattrix View Post

Fine, but....
                1. Is every game immediately recorded so when I decide to watch it's ready at the beginning?
                2. What if I can't get to watch it for 2 days, will it still be available?
                3. What requirements are there to cast to my TV?
                4. Is it broadcast in surround sound?
                1. Yes. When you're logged in there are checkbox setting options like "hide all scores" and "stream from beginning" so that if you select a game that is happening it would start from the beginning of the broadcast and not jump in live.
                2. Yes. They archive everything. You can watch a game from 2015 today if you want to.
                3. Not exactly sure, I'd check out their support page. My TV is connected to my PC via an hdmi cable so I don't need to cast anything. Pretty sure all you'd need is a chromecast or something though, then your TV would be become part of your wireless network. Log in on a computer, cast the game to the TV.
                4. Not sure, but I would guess maybe its exactly what the TV broadcast is?
                Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
                Official Facebook
                Official Twitter

Comment

Also, on the NHL.TV support page FAQ section I just saw this.... Looks like maybe you get access to NHL TV if you pay for center ice with your cable provider?

How do I access NHL.TVô using my NHLģ Center Iceģ subscription?
                  1. On NHL.com "Sign In" with your NHL.com credentials, or create an NHL.com account by clicking "Create Account."
                  2. Navigate to www.nhl.com/activate
                  3. Click on "Select Your Pay TV Provider."
                  4. Select your Pay TV provider from the drop down and click "Next."
                  5. You will then be redirected to your Pay TV Provider's login page.
                  6. Enter your registered Pay TV Provider login credentials.
                  7. After signing in with your Pay TV Provider credentials, you should see a "Success!" message.
                  8. Visit nhl.com/tv to view live or archived games.

If you have any questions, please contact us by email at customersupport@web.nhl.com or by phone at 800-559-2333 (US) or 1-412-386-2646 (International)
                  Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
                  Official Facebook
                  Official Twitter

Comment

I just watch my NHL TV games through my PS4, it simplifies everything.

Comment

Originally posted by alxhj View Post
                      I just watch my NHL TV games through my PS4, it simplifies everything.
                      I don't have a PS anything.... Just a Wii. ..
                      I do have a firestick and a chromecast though.

​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                      X